Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,136,497 times

Advertisements

[quote=middle-aged mom;7236695]It took the Resolution Trust Company about 6 years to complete the liquidation of real estate assets of 750 insolvent savings and loans.

What's the hurry?[/QUOTE]...commission checks for agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 03:35 PM

345 posts, read 466,795 times
Dollar Stores, Wal Mart, Spam and Ramon Noodle futures looking good for a l-o-n-g time to come.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
I is getting so depressing. I don't know why the banks don't just turn around and rent the foreclosed home back to the occupants for a while. Keep the family from being displaced and gives the bank a chance for the market to recover.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:23 PM

945 posts, read 1,987,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Absolutely! You are the only one who understands the many, many factors that make all Real Estate markets different and prices as well.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm thinking you must be related to KC, either that or one in the same. What is wrong with you guys? Please forgive me for not making a perfect sentence. Like many on this forum, I type fast and without much thought to edit and correct a "rough draft". What I meant; Am I the only one that uderstands that there are many, many different factors that weigh into each and every home and how it is priced?, including but not limited to.....what the home has in it, its square footage and number of bdrms, bths, appointments, location- both specifically (lot size, busy st. vs. not, culdesac, neighborhood of alike homes) and town/city/state and what the community offers, schools, income level, proximity to job, metropolitan area vs. rural, a higher cost of living state with higher paying jobs vs lessor of the same, and on and on and on!

At this point, I am just honestly trying to understand why there is such a need for criticism and rudeness when replying to my posts! Does it bother you that much that I have a different opinion of what is happening in the RE market and post as such, on a forum that is meant for just that purpose?! I would hope!!!! you are pretending you didn't understand what my point was because if you truly do not understand what I was saying, even in the imperfect way I did the first time, then your intellegence is seriously compromised. As I have been accused of trying to "divert the subject" by criticing others or creating a strawman, what exactly would you call this sarcastic attempt of the same? I posted on topic, gave my opinion of why I think price is not the problem, and you pick one lousy sentence out of all I said and become a jerk in your reply. Back off!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,713,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmarketvalue View Post
At this point, I am just honestly trying to understand why there is such a need for criticism and rudeness when replying to my posts!
Quote:
your intellegence is seriously compromised

Sure, ignore the links that several people posted that showed a correlation between lower prices and increased sales which demonstrate that your "IT'S NOT PRICE!" claim is a bit suspect. It's got to be that everyone disagrees with you because they're all stupid and ignorant. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
It is absolutely true. The house next to me is bankowned for over a year and never listed in the MLS other than when the owner tried to sell it...we only see now and than a lawn mow company coming to destroy the grass which they call "mowing" and making pics from far so the bank can't see what a mess it is.

Down the street similar thing and we have now 16 out of 48 houses either bankowned or in foreclosure and the percentage is only going up each month and sadly not going up because people lost their jobs...NO because people are scamming and buying other cheaper houses in a different name and foreclosing on their primary home...the deeds are changing hands frequently and than foreclosed on...what will end this scheming?

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM

945 posts, read 1,987,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post

Sure, ignore the links that several people posted that showed a correlation between lower prices and increased sales which demonstrate that your "IT'S NOT PRICE!" claim is a bit suspect. It's got to be that everyone disagrees with you because they're all stupid and ignorant. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

Correct, and thanks for clarifying! Ignorant and wishful must be one in the same indeed. You and your "links"

Old 01-31-2009, 01:25 PM

710 posts, read 1,961,013 times
So far my favorite of all the snarky smileys is the one with the little x over its mouth.

This was an unexpected treasure trove of snarkaliciousness, one that could not be predicted from the thread title.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not for FDIC as they don't cover mortgages.
It's to keep the bank's balance sheets looking good.

If they had to mark-to-market then most of them would be closed already.
Triggering the need for FDIC to step into the bottomless pit.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

.....the deeds are changing hands frequently and than foreclosed on...what will end this scheming?
No doubt this is happening to some extent in all areas. The scheming will end when and if there are serious consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs