Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM

229 posts, read 778,591 times

Advertisements

We where " " THIS close to closing on a short sale in which the first lender is BOA.

When they accpted, they asked for a close by Nov 30th, but the second lender did not approve it until just beforre thanksgiving. Needless to say, the closing did not happen before the 30th.

The realtor asked BOA for an extension, but was told tha as of Dec 1st 09, BOA started moving all their shortsale process online, so we will not be able to get any changes until they finish up moving the whole upload is complete.

Anybody else "heard" of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Hmm, hadn't heard of this myself. Closing one with BofA on 12/20 but have been in regular contact with the assigned negotiator and she didn't mention a thing.

Did they say when they would finish moving things to their online system?

Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
Hmm, hadn't heard of this myself. Closing one with BofA on 12/20 but have been in regular contact with the assigned negotiator and she didn't mention a thing.

Did they say when they would finish moving things to their online system?
They did not say how long it will take, but sent a copy of the email to our loan processor as well to make them aware of the 'hiccup'.

We are prepared to wait, it is just unnerving that we where almost there, and were planning on packing up this weekend.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:45 PM

79 posts, read 418,303 times
Yes, they are moving their short sales to ReoTrans, which will be renamed equator as of the first of the year. In the long run it should make them more efficient...but for those of you with deals in process, well, I just hope you don't have to start over.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adieoz View Post
Yes, they are moving their short sales to ReoTrans, which will be renamed equator as of the first of the year. In the long run it should make them more efficient...but for those of you with deals in process, well, I just hope you don't have to start over.
AAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRGGGG!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adieoz View Post
... I just hope you don't have to start over.

It sure feels that way. We are yet to hear anything from BOA. Tomorrow will be six months since the original offer/contract acceptance.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:05 AM

47 posts, read 65,687 times
Does anyone know if the move to Equator has improved BofA's short sale process? I've just made an offer on a short sale property that has a first with BofA and a second with a small credit union. Due to some rather complicated circumstances, I need the offer to either be accepted or countered within the next 20 days. If I don't know one way or the other by then, I'm going to need to back-out and forego my earnest money.

Does anyone with experience with BofA see any chance of my getting a first response within a short time frame under this scenerio?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:28 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxphun View Post
Does anyone know if the move to Equator has improved BofA's short sale process? I've just made an offer on a short sale property that has a first with BofA and a second with a small credit union. Due to some rather complicated circumstances, I need the offer to either be accepted or countered within the next 20 days. If I don't know one way or the other by then, I'm going to need to back-out and forego my earnest money.

Does anyone with experience with BofA see any chance of my getting a first response within a short time frame under this scenerio?

We are doing two right now and it was 30-31 days when we got their terms. From offer to close will be just over 90 days. I think 20 days is totally unrealistic and you should never have offered on a short sale with that kind of time line.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxphun View Post

Why do you think you would you need to forgo your earnest money? You don't not have an accepted contract yet. Are you working with an agent? They should be explaining all this to you.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 AM

47 posts, read 65,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
We are doing two right now and it was 30-31 days when we got their terms. From offer to close will be just over 90 days. I think 20 days is totally unrealistic and you should never have offered on a short sale with that kind of time line.
Thanks for the comment Silverfall! 90 days from offer to closing is encouraging.

I made the offer because I want the property and didn't want to miss the opportunity. I won't regret making the offer even if I lose the earnest money... it seemed like a chance worth taking... and still does. If I have to stretch out for another 10 days the situation that is driving my need to know if the bank has accepted, I might be able to work it out. Just not much longer than that or I may miss out on another opportunity that is more of a sure thing.

Anyway, I was really just wondering if BofA has gotten any faster with their responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs