Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 4,631 times

Advertisements

hi guys

i am a new member in this website and i write this topic to ask you about something...

let me first introduce myself : i am 18 years old from Oman and i will start studying at Colorado state university on January 2013

and i want a Homestay in fort Collins close to CSU in order to improve my English language skills also to know American culture

so. anyone can help me or he knew some families please contact me

by the way, i ready to pay $600 per months with meals.....

finally,i apologize to you for my written mistakes because i am
Foreign

best regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
emaad, I would recommend you post on Craigslist and also look into foreign student groups, clubs, ministry, and organizations on campus and in Ft Collins.

I would subtract the 'With Meals", as 'meals' is only in a School Sponsored dormitory or in a hospital in USA. (Not common to have 'boarders' in USA (and offensive to even consider by some, room rental with meals in private homes). Most of USA rental housing is very impractical NON-FURNISHED and must buy / bring everything including houseware.

I feel there is a chance what you desire is available, but is not common. Personally I would look for an elderly couple who have a large house and would like some rent money to help fund their pension. (probably they have an apartment in garage or basement), finding this will take some creative digging to find correct channel to advertise. I would start at Ft Collins Senior Center (where elderly people go for food and activites).

Many MANY large homes in USA with 1 - 2 residents who are quite lonely, and could use a little help with chores around the house.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
... I would subtract the 'With Meals", as 'meals' is only in a School Sponsored dormitory or in a hospital in USA. (Not common to have 'boarders' in USA (and offensive to even consider by some, room rental with meals in private homes). Most of USA rental housing is very impractical NON-FURNISHED and must buy / bring everything including houseware. ... .

I disagree. Many foreign exchange students, both at high school and university level, are placed with families. It's not unusual, and it's not at all offensive to ask about host families.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:30 AM

99 posts, read 226,136 times
I wonder if CSU has a coordinator that could help organize something like this?

I agree that craigslist might also be a good way to go. But someone who is looking to house an international student would more likely go through the university than through craigslist.

Another possibility is to contact churches. Granted, that would mean you end up living with a Christian family. But there are a couple of churches in town that have English as a Second Language programs and they're already interested in getting involved in the lives of international students in town. So they'd be willing, you'd just have to enter into it knowing that they're probably going to want to talk about God stuff. But then again, that could lead to some interesting discussions. :-)

Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM

99 posts, read 226,136 times
emaad, did you find a homestay? if you haven't, i'd recommend that you get in contact with someone at CSU to see if they can help you to set something up.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 4,631 times
Thanks a Lot guys....unfortunately I not yet find a homestay

Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
pm'd my hints for finding a FC homestay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area