Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 PM

37 posts, read 64,162 times

Advertisements

Hello, my family and I will be moving to Colorado soon and although I have read a lot of info on the area, I feel you can never have enough information about the city you live or will be living in. We are a family of 5, 2 girls ages 14 & 13, 1 boy age 12. We also have 2 dogs and 2 cats. We will be renters at first, so finding a place to rent with a yard would be great...as well as a safe neighborhood. We aren't set on Loveland, and would consider other towns close-by, as my husband will be working in Plattville. We are coming from NW Arkansas. My youngest and oldest are in band, my middle child is in orchestra and choir, all 3 are in at least one advanced class or more, so good schools is important as well.

So I'm looking for any kind of information you can provide, the good, the bad, and the ugly (or pretty). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Be sure to search the forums diligently, as your answers are all here.

Renting with animals is a challenge. Maybe you can find a rural place between Loveland and Berthoud. Either town would probably be fine, but chances are you will be driving to Loveland A LOT as kids age and participate in more activities. Berthoud is a pretty nice little town. Loveland, more variety. (but more competitive for Band, Choir, Drama). Schools are pretty similar and both good. You might need to come and try each town on (do exhaustive interviews with parents and schools / research the options).

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Personally I would seriously look at Berthoud and SO Loveland to ease the commute. I would avoid N Loveland just for that reason. (Tho I have a friend who has commuted to Platteville from Ft Collins for 30 yrs (no kids, BETTER for commute). You might also look east (Kelim) (but then you would be commuting on 34 with KIDS activities... I DON"T like traffic on East 34. (But then I don't like traffic PERIOD.... one traffic light per day, is one too many for me... thus I had to leave Loveland MANY yrs ago, but return several x/yr))

One 'rear-end' collision from a 'cell phone talker' can keep you in Physical Therapy for YRS... Don't go there. NO CO (especially Ft Collins) is Terrible for accident risk due to traffic (cell phone talking soccer moms w/ LARGE SUVs' They can really SMASH you up)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area