Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,128 times

Advertisements

I did not know that. Lucky Ft. Collins. I am envious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Okay, so I'll bring all my tequila with me when I move from CA...LOL
I had no idea about the blue laws.....I truly thought they were just in the south.....along with all the ABC liquor stores...

And I have no idea why a car dealer would be closed on a Sunday vs. any other type of business that IS open on a Sunday... Does anybody have an explanation for that one? (I know we're getting off of thread topic, but if you don't mind, I don't either).

My daughter had a pretty good cheeseburger in Old Town the other day when we were there checking out CSU....the name of the restaurant is on the tip of my tongue, but that is where it remains...it is the word for the man who makes barrels.....coopersmith or something like that? How does that compare to Five Guys?

Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,128 times
LOL - don't worry, you can get good tequila here!
Regarding the car dealerships being closed on Sundays, it's the law in several states. From this Wall Street Journal article: Car Dealers, Believing in a Day of Rest, Still Renounce Sunday Sales - WSJ.com
In Maine, Minnesota and Colorado, plus 11 other states and assorted counties, at least 80 million Americans can kick tires on Sundays but can't sign on the dotted line. Even in Detroit, you can't buy a car on Sunday. It's against the law. Who's behind this assault on free enterprise? Churches? Unions? No. It's the automobile dealers themselves. In locations where laws ban Sunday car sales explicitly, manufacturers have stayed neutral while dealers not only like the bans, they lobby for them. Blue laws, which are disappearing fast, have a religious genesis. Car laws simply impose an official timeout from competition. That way, everybody can relax and take a day of rest.
Personally, I like being able to walk around the car lots and not be hassled by salespeople. I think many folks do!

Last edited by Neditate; 01-26-2010 at 08:34 PM..

Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM

718 posts, read 1,985,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible relo View Post
Fort Collins has a Five Guys, near the SuperTarget. Smashburger on Harmony is good too.
We have 2 Five Guys (does that make ten guys?) in Fort Collins. There is also one on Elizabeth, just west of campus.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
My daughter had a pretty good cheeseburger in Old Town the other day when we were there checking out CSU....the name of the restaurant is on the tip of my tongue, but that is where it remains...it is the word for the man who makes barrels.....coopersmith or something like that? How does that compare to Five Guys?
I usually have something else at Coopersmith's, like their barbecue sandwiches, or burritos. Also, their sides are great: Garlic mashed potatoes and hot spiced apples. They have a couple of the best patios in town, and they brew their own beer. It is kind of a different experience that Five Guys. Five Guys has great fries.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
LOL - don't worry, you can get good tequila here!
Regarding the car dealerships being closed on Sundays, it's the law in several states. From this Wall Street Journal article: Car Dealers, Believing in a Day of Rest, Still Renounce Sunday Sales - WSJ.com
In Maine, Minnesota and Colorado, plus 11 other states and assorted counties, at least 80 million Americans can kick tires on Sundays but can't sign on the dotted line. Even in Detroit, you can't buy a car on Sunday. It's against the law. Who's behind this assault on free enterprise? Churches? Unions? No. It's the automobile dealers themselves. In locations where laws ban Sunday car sales explicitly, manufacturers have stayed neutral while dealers not only like the bans, they lobby for them. Blue laws, which are disappearing fast, have a religious genesis. Car laws simply impose an official timeout from competition. That way, everybody can relax and take a day of rest.
Personally, I like being able to walk around the car lots and not be hassled by salespeople. I think many folks do!
When I was a little girl, lots of businesses were closed on Sundays in California.....those days are long gone.... I think the advent of 'the mall' had a lot to do with it.....

Old 01-29-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weber View Post
I usually have something else at Coopersmith's, like their barbecue sandwiches, or burritos. Also, their sides are great: Garlic mashed potatoes and hot spiced apples. They have a couple of the best patios in town, and they brew their own beer. It is kind of a different experience that Five Guys. Five Guys has great fries.
We also ordered a nice, home made pretzel that we dipped into mustard...

Okay, 5 Guys for cheeseburgers...

Who has the best pizza? I don't like the thin, New York kind... My husband doesn't like the thick, bread kind....so, I guess 'in the middle' crust....

No word from Costco yet......

Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 AM

Pizza preferences seem to be pretty personal, but there are several good pizza options. I like Cozzola's. Pulcinella is good, as are Beau Jo's and Woody's.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:27 PM

22 posts, read 61,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Sam's in Loveland has gas but my neighbor says it's not that cheap, and the store is pretty small too. Not cheap enough for me to get a Sam's card anyway.

golfgod
Its as big as any other Sam's club I have been too in the several states I have lived in. The gas pumps are one of the cheapest in Loveland as is Western Gas on 34 and Taft. The difference being within a few pennies..

Your friend is an expert on warehouse store pricing and gas I recon..I would find more knowledgeable friends..LOL

Old 02-11-2010, 05:48 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
Quote:
Its as big as any other Sam's club I have been too in the several states I have lived in
I've been in it twice and I was a regular Sam's patron before Costco came to Houston, it seems small.

Neither I nor my neighbor buy enough gas to make the card worthwhile. I usually shop at the Western station or at a station in FoCo that I pass occassionally.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area