Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 01:48 PM

76 posts, read 241,074 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy in CC and I searched a few communities. It seems like it will be a problem to find a house that was builty after 2000. Which community is the newest? Cooper Colony Cooper Estates
Coopers Grove

Country Glen Diamond Head Embassy Lakes
Ericson Estates Estada Flamingo Ranches
Guardian Estates Hibbs Grove Indian Pond
Lake Estates Lake Maranatha Estates Pine Lake
Rock Creek Royal Palm Ranches Stirling Palm Estates
Stonebridge Sunshine Acres The Country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 01:52 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,712,467 times
look at Monterra....they are building now Monterra | Cooper City, FL - Single Family, Estate & Townhomes, New Homes

Old 01-20-2011, 01:53 PM

I did. I am reluctant to buy in the community that is still long time from being complete. Really many variables involved. But it does look fantastic in their brochure.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:01 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,712,467 times
Oh, okay.....just wanted to make sure you were aware of it. And, now that is ringing a bell - I think I remember talking about it with you before!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 AM

392 posts, read 1,261,657 times
Hibbs Grove.... built around 2003-4

Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 PM

95 posts, read 214,602 times
Default I see some complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes_green View Post
I did. I am reluctant to buy in the community that is still long time from being complete. Really many variables involved. But it does look fantastic in their brochure.
If you go south on Pine Island Rd(Is it Douglas),once you cross sterling.. there are new construction on both sides

on the left..there are both townhomes and sfh..its far from complete but the work seems to be going good.
the townhomes on the university dr side are complete,I presume

the ones on the right on Pine Island has some vacant lots and homes are on sale there.A friend of mine stays there(bought 3 years back) and it looks good

I am in the market but the prices kind of seem to be on the higher side for this market.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stup123 View Post
If you go south on Pine Island Rd(Is it Douglas),once you cross sterling.. there are new construction on both sides

on the left..there are both townhomes and sfh..its far from complete but the work seems to be going good.
the townhomes on the university dr side are complete,I presume

the ones on the right on Pine Island has some vacant lots and homes are on sale there.A friend of mine stays there(bought 3 years back) and it looks good

I am in the market but the prices kind of seem to be on the higher side for this market.
Are you talking about the Monterra? Or other development?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,816 times
Country Glen, Hibbs Groves, and Royal Griffin Estates are the newest. Hibbs & Country Glen are gated and most expensive. Hibbs is right next to the sewer plant.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralei2 View Post
Country Glen, Hibbs Groves, and Royal Griffin Estates are the newest. Hibbs & Country Glen are gated and most expensive. Hibbs is right next to the sewer plant.
Thank you - I looked and they are much more expensive than Embassy Lakes or Rock Creek.. People keep telling me that I have to give low offers and hope they get accepted, but I feel bad giving 200K offer on 300K home...

Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM

157 posts, read 601,251 times
just something to keep in mind and do your research before you buy...
A lot of townhomes and single family homes built from 2001 and up in this area used chinese dry wall which has serious health issues, so make sure you research the community since most of them have law suits pending, and I think the realtor should have some information on it also.
I personally think that the construction quality from 2001 to recently is the worst possible! I much rather have a house built in the 70's and 80's.
I'm a project manager and can tell you that I have gutted bathrooms from houses in the 600's in this area built between 2001 and 2005 and they were crumbling, inside of the walls covered in black mold, really poor quality materials and construction!
So don't chose a newer home based on being better and less problems if that's your concern, that rule doesn't apply here.
You might as well buy an older home and remodel it to today's standards if looks is what you want.
Now, if you want a newer home because they usually come in a nice gated community I can understand and appreciate that!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area