Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 AM

188 posts, read 587,774 times

Advertisements

Hi, First post! We have moved to Weston and are currently living in an apt. We are looking for a home in the Tequesta Trace School area.
I would like to hear what you know about the individual subdivisions.
We are looking at homes in Sunset Springs, The Lakes, Tequesta Pointe (I think) and The Falls. One child is attending Western and one is going to Tequesta Trace Middle. Also, what differences do you see between living north of Royal Palm vs South of Royal Palm? Any advice would be great!
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 08:46 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,708,307 times
I'm a fan of Tequesta Pointe, of all the sub-divisions you've mentioned. I have really never liked Sunset Springs. We owned a house in the Falls back in the mid-90's, it was okay, but I haven't been around there lately. The houses are way too close together in Heritage Lakes. Verona Lakes are nice but make sure you don't buy too near 75 because of the noise. I see no real difference between south of Royal Palm and north - it's all still Weston. I don't know the school boundaries for Tequesta Trace.

Welcome!

Last edited by fauve; 08-26-2008 at 09:51 AM..

Old 08-26-2008, 09:47 AM

995 posts, read 3,929,309 times
There's a big difference between north and south of Royal Palm as for Tequesta Trace, which is a must for you.

You can't send your kid to Tequesta Trace Middle, if you live south of Royal Palm. All kids will go to Falcon Cove Middle. See the boundary map.

http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/schoolboundaries/SchoolMaps/TequestaTraceMidd.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Thanks to both of you for the information. I understand that my son would have to change schools should we choose to live south of Royal Palm, we are just wondering about the differences between the areas.
Acegolfer, are you saying that the Tequesta Trace boundary would be the better option? We don't know much about Falcon Cove since we haven't looked in those boundaries.
Also, the home we like in Tequesta Pointe is sort of close to power lines. Not to thrilled about that. It seems as though the house is near on the border of Bonaventure. Any thoughts?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:14 PM

995 posts, read 3,929,309 times
If Tequesta Trace is not a must, then south of Royal Palm should not be ruled out. Generally speaking, Weston has developed from north/east to south/west. Naturally, south of Royal Palm is newer development. But the lots will be smaller for the same price range. Kids will go to Falcon Cove, another great middle school.

As for high school, Bonaventure and Tequesta Point will send to Western and other Weston communities will send to Cypress Bay.

Ask your kids whether they are okay with switching schools and making new friends. If they are okay with it, then don't rule out any options and seriously consider other communities.

For full disclosure, I live in south of Royal Palm.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 PM

Stay away from power lines - even if you decide they don't bother you, they're a killer for resale. I think the Bonaventure border is fine though. Maybe another house in Tequesta?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Stay away from power lines - even if you decide they don't bother you, they're a killer for resale. I think the Bonaventure border is fine though. Maybe another house in Tequesta?
Does it effect sales in a negative way if you live close to the Sawgrass Expressway or Everglades Parkway?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:44 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,895,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Does it effect sales in a negative way if you live close to the Sawgrass Expressway or Everglades Parkway?
Not to my knowledge...you can't even live off of the Sawgrass (well actually it's I-75) because it's all businesses. There are some houses and condos off of 75 but they are mostly blocked off by ponds and/or hedges.

Ace laid it out better then I could of, and he was asking me for advice not long ago...welcome to Weston!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post

Sure, if there's highway noise...otherwise, if you can't see it and/or barely hear it - not an issue. If you really want a house near an expressway there are water features you can install - loud fountains, etc., that can solve the problem, and of course hedges to block the view.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM

Thanks again everyone. No matter where we live in Weston, my highschooler will be going to Western. (All new kids go to Western, unless you know differently)
I have always said I won't buy near powerlines, but it was a nice home. We have other options and I won't rule out South of Royal Palm. Since my middleschooler just started school this week, switching schools in a month or two probably won't be a big issue for him. Any Subdivisions I should stay away from? There are so many and you can't get into them without a realtor, it is hard to get info about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area