Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 9,857 times

Advertisements

Hi All-

My husband has been offered a position in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. There are two offices, so he can choose Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. In your opinion, which is the better area? We are 25 and 28...and have no children. We are moving from NC, so either place will be a lot different from the city that we currently live in. Our ideal location is trendy, "uptown/downtown" feel, with bars dining and shopping close by, and safe.

What are some of the popular places in both cities? AND which would you prefer if you had to choose? Any help is greatly appreciated...we know nothing about either place!

Thank you!

Last edited by razzledazzles; 09-29-2011 at 08:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 08:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,797,525 times
Take Ft Lauderdale. The driving near the Miami area is almost as bad as DC or NY.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:42 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,789,434 times
I second that, take Ft Lauderdale.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 AM

Thank you! Do either of you know what areas we should focus on?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,712,412 times
Fort Lauderdale.

In particular the "Victora Park" neighborhood.
Also, Las Olas blvd area is nice and trendy and cute too. Lots of hip bars, restaurants, etc.

Also, anything along the beach is going to be uber trendy, but youll have to deal with tons of tourists.

whatever u do, dont go to Miami. The only thing nice about Miami is a south beach, and thats it. Southbeach is really only like 10 blocks long too, so like Miami is kind of tacky.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:58 AM

389 posts, read 1,085,930 times
Yeah ummm, I would say if you do go to Miami, Brickell would be the place. Very trendy and lot's of places to hang out.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,843,938 times
I was going to suggest Brickell too, but that depends on where the Miami office is.

If you live in Brickell and the office happens to be in Kendal, it won't be pretty.

Also where exactly is the Fort Lauderdale office?

Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 AM

I just looked it up, and the Ft Lauderdale office is on Las Olas Blvd...that's on/near the beach, right? Coming from NC people are pretty friendly...How are the people in Ft Lauderdale?

The Miami office is on Brickell Ave.

You all are awesome! Thank you so much for your help

Old 10-01-2011, 09:42 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,970,991 times
u could live in an expensive high rise condo around las olas or on ft lauderdale beach, this is your best option for what u r looking for. people in ft lauderdale are generally not nice at all, people are very agressive, rude and sketchy. no one is from the area, its all transients from NY, NJ and moreso from latin american and caribbean countries. its an extremely chaotic, hectic place with all sorts of crime, scams and shady people. dont trust anyone. that all being said, if u have a great job and can live in a fancy new high rise near las olas or ft laud beach and u meet other educated decent people then u can make it work...but u will have to be very patient and accepting of a lot of crazy stuff. u will see what i mean when u get there

Old 10-01-2011, 06:15 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,843,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzledazzles View Post
I just looked it up, and the Ft Lauderdale office is on Las Olas Blvd...that's on/near the beach, right? Coming from NC people are pretty friendly...How are the people in Ft Lauderdale?

The Miami office is on Brickell Ave.

You all are awesome! Thank you so much for your help
You will find Fort Lauderdale people friendly enough, and Very scantily dressed (compared to NC).

Office on Las Olas - great! Perfect location. I would take that over Miami any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area