Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Young Circle seems pretty cool. I've never lived there, but you can walk to all kinds of bars and restaurants. You are also a short drive to the beach. The "stay east of Route 1" rule doesn't fully apply in that particular area of downtown Hollywood. There are some decent apartments just west of Route 1 and the main strip of downtown Hollywood just west of Route 1. The main thing is to stay within a few blocks of the immediate downtown strip where the apartments look nice. Once you go too far west, north, or south, it gets sketchy quickly. In general, once you go east of Route 1, the neighborhoods are better, but there are less apartments until you get on the beach. Young Circle is right on 1 and Hollywood Blvd.

My personal preference is Fort Lauderdale. It just seems a bit more balanced with white people, black people, Hispanics, etc. Hollywood is more heavily Hispanic. Not to say that is a bad thing, since I am a white guy and have lived in Miami in the past. But coming from a Midwest state such as yourself, you may find it a bit overwhelming. There is also less traffic congestion in Fort Lauderdale than Hollywood. I think because Hollywood is very old and the roads are older.
I agree with most of your post, but the largest Hispanic population in Hollywood is out west of State Road 7, while anything east of 56th Ave tends to have a very light Hispanic population by South Florida standards, and even not that large by general US standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 PM

6 posts, read 6,837 times
Young Circle is very nice area, I'm living about 10 min walk distance east. Like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area