Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 PM

47 posts, read 169,516 times

Advertisements

Hello there. My move to FLL is almost final. However, My home search isn't completely finalized yet, and I need to stay in an Extended stay for a while. My daughter will be with me for a few weeks, and I need to be in a "nicer" part of town or "Safer" while she's with me anyways.. I am thinking Plantation... Any suggestions on which one to stay at?? Is staying by the airport any better?? Location doesn't really matter. Just as long as the area is nice, clean and like I mentioned SAFE!
here are a few locations that I found. Can you please rate them for me best to worst:
5851 N. Andrews Ave. Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
3031 W. Commercial Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
3873 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33309
700 Northpoint Pkwy., West Palm Beach, FL 33407
and if you may know of others in the FLL Metro area would be preferable, unless Miami, or Boca might have some in decent to nice neighborhoods as well, open to any suggestions even other suburbs. Please and thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 05:57 PM

984 posts, read 4,315,532 times
5851 N. Andrews Ave. Ext., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 => This one revealed two addresses, one as 5851 N Andrews Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 and other as 5851 N Andrews Avenue Extension, Pompano Beach, FL 33064. The first one is near the Cypress Creek Tri-Rail station, fine location, mostly non-residential and safe. The 2nd one in Pompano is no good, simple as that.

3031 W. Commercial Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 => Average, safe enough, but probably wouldn't recommend. Over there you're not far off some properly unsafe areas.

3873 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33309 => Similar to the one above, but worse with some rough trailer parks around.

700 Northpoint Pkwy., West Palm Beach, FL 33407 => Kind of like the first one, just okay - average, safe generally. Not the best location at all though.

If you can get somewhere nicer, give the addresses here for people to help you, would be better. Besides the 1st one (if it's the one near Cypress Creek), they're all not nice really.

And there are some nice and safe areas in Miami-Dade and in the Boca area. Worth taking a look too.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:00 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,824,680 times
I work at 5900 N Andrews Ave, there is an Extended Stay nearby... Not sure if I would like hanging out there at night. It is OK during the day.

If you want really safe - look at Weston.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai Frente View Post
If you want safe, move to Sarasota !!
Didn't that little girl get kidnapped in Sarasota a few years ago?

Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 PM

87 posts, read 168,584 times
There is an Extended Stay in Plantation, which is a nice area. There is also a Staybridge Suite and Residence Inn by Marriott in Plantation too.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM

984 posts, read 4,315,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Didn't that little girl get kidnapped in Sarasota a few years ago?
I don't know, but Sarasota is very safe. Especially some of the suburbs, it's a ridiculously low crime rate. But most people find it kinda of boring, and it doesn't have as many amenities. It's different.

Meanwhile in Broward this weekend a expressway got shut down due to a shooting, and today there was a police car chase in the very same highway (I-95). But again, isolated incidents - mostly uncommon. Broward County is quite safe overall, besides some spots (mostly near on in-between the Tpke. and the I-95).

Broward-wise, with a focus on safety and nicer/quieter areas I'd recommend the Hyatt Regency on Ft. Lauderdale (Harbor Beach area) if within budget, great hotel and great area. Awesome service too. Got a great deal on Hotwire, paid about half of the avg. daily price. Also I'd recommend something in Weston, the area near the Sawgrass Mall in Sunrise, and also farther down in West Pines (I believe there are 2-3 hotels there). Plantation is good too.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:08 AM
mym

706 posts, read 1,170,428 times
TownePlace Suites on Prospect seems fine enough for me. Publix supermarket 5 minutes away, 7/11 on the next corner.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:31 AM

3,234 posts, read 3,187,851 times
Another suburb is Pembroke Pines, specifically I-75 and Sheridan. There is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn. They are next to a Cracker Barrel (yum!). The next exit south is Pines Blvd and at that intersection is Pembroke Commons -- nice shopping and dining. This is a very nice section of Broward County.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:54 PM

47 posts, read 169,516 times
Thank you all for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Another suburb is Pembroke Pines, specifically I-75 and Sheridan. There is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn. They are next to a Cracker Barrel (yum!). The next exit south is Pines Blvd and at that intersection is Pembroke Commons -- nice shopping and dining. This is a very nice section of Broward County.
What is a Cracker Barrel? Fast food type place?? Just wondering, never heard of it.. I'm from the Pacific NW

Old 05-07-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy1011 View Post
Thank you all for your help.

What is a Cracker Barrel? Fast food type place?? Just wondering, never heard of it.. I'm from the Pacific NW
It is a chain. Good food. Not fancy. Mass produced food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area