Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times

Advertisements

I second the suggestion of taking an airboat ride/tour in the Florida Everglades. You are seeing South Florida as it used to be, before the population expanded to the south and west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Default Weston - where to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseys Rants View Post
To tell the Truth in Weston the Carolina Ale House has pretty good food.. And you can eat outside ..
Yes Carolina Ale House in Weston is good.

There is also Flanigan's.

If you want a REALLY good steak (but very pricey) - go to Ireland's Steak House.

Excellent Italian - Aquolina (they also have outdoor seating with a lake view)

Another great Italian place - Tarantella. It is in Weston Town Center. You can eat there and then walk around and go into shops on Main Street.

Yet another great Italian place - Il Toscano.

Very good place - Lucille's diner.

Mexican - El Mariachi

More great Italian - Pizza Heaven (IMO best pizza in South Florida)

Even more great Italian - Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza (more than pizza - great coal fired wings, meatballs, salads, tuna sandwiches)

Since I mentioned Anthony's, you MUST take a ride 20 miles East to Fort Lauderdale and eat at Anthony's Runway 84.

Back to Weston - Moon Thai is a very nice Thai/Japanese place

Wings/Sports bar - Uncle Al's

Wings Plus is pretty good too

Going upscale - East City Grill in Town Center

Seafood - Bonefish Grill is very popular and quite good. Always crowded.

Quick Chinese - Pei Wei

I think I am done for now.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM

As for area attractions. You should be able to reach Shark Valley by car. A great place to visit.

IF you drive to Naples, you can visit the Big Cypress National Preserve on your way.

If you don't mind driving up toward Palm Beach, Morikami Japanese Garden is a good place to check out.

Back to Weston area. If you like Ice Hockey - we have Florida Panthers nearby, you could go see some games. Or in the same arena very often there are quite good concerts. Check out their schedule:
BB&T Center - Sunrise | Tickets, Schedule, Seating Chart, Directions

Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Also look at all these :

Attractions in Weston - TripAdvisor

Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
petede-

Naples is only about 1.5 hours drive from Weston if you go across Alligator Alley, but there is nothing to see on that route. A good way to do this is to start early in the day and drive south in I-75 and Florida's Turnpike, then take Route 41 across the state. Route 41 is a scenic route with numerous places to pull over. It will take you twice as long to get to Naples, but there are things to see on the way. You can do an airboat ride along the way. As ruski mentioned, Big Cypress National Preserve has some interesting places. You could even go off the beaten path and check out Everglades City which is pretty cool. You could do all of this in less than one day, then get to Naples by the afternoon.

Naples beaches are beautiful and the sand is like hour glass sand. You may want to spend an hour or two at the beach there. Aside from the beaches, Naples is rather boring. There really isn't a whole lot else to do there. It is like if you put Weston right on the gulf beaches. You'll want to spend a few hours here, but that's about it. Maybe eat dinner there before driving back across the Alligator Alley towards Weston.

Since you have a full week, you should be able to accomplish a lot. I would do 1 day in the Everglades/Naples, 1 day going down to South Beach, 1 day perhaps in the upper Keys- Key Largo for example, and the days in between just beaching it in Fort Lauderdale. Also, make sure to drive back from South Beach by going up A1A (Collins Ave) on the way back. It is an awesome drive.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM

40 posts, read 86,366 times
Thanks all for great suggestions. I especially like the ones about where to park. I will have a full week on this trip! I wish I could give out more positive reputations!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 PM

351 posts, read 460,988 times
Vacation Village is a very nice place at Weston Town Center. I own a time share with Vacation Village in Orlando. I also came to Weston and felt in love with the city, so now I'm living in Weston. If you guys want to meet some locals and get to know some Weston's communities, send me an email - If you decide to stay I'll pay for your closing costs 'cause we need nice people like you here.

Alex

Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM

I am pretty sure that those at Weston Town Center are Mizner Place timeshares.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I am pretty sure that those at Weston Town Center are Mizner Place timeshares.
Yes, I believe so also. I stayed at Mizner Place and the location was fantastic because you could walk to Town Center, but the unit (at least the one we had) was not well kept.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:47 AM

3 posts, read 2,661 times
Default Looking for suggestions for daughter's summer too!

My 17 years old daughter is going to Weston from 4th July until the second week of August. She told me she needs to exercise or find a place to dance time to time just to practice, nothing so hard because she precisely is trying to rest of this days of performances. My sister is going to host her, she is planning to take her to the beaches and other things. Is there any special thing that a teenage should consider in this area of Fl ? (oh, I know this is not the original post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area