Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,361 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a single mom with a toddler relocating to Pembroke Pines. Just landed a job and have to move within two weeks. Can anyone recommend really safe townhomes, apartments west of 75 and a preschool? Looking to rent 2/2 $1400 or less for now.
Some have recommended Resort at Pembroke Pines but I have read all negative reviews.
Weston was also recommended.
I need some advice asap as I am packing in NJ with no place to go in Florida.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 11:12 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,187,851 times
I live in Weston and just did a quick google check and you should be able to find a rental in the older section of Weston, called Bonaventure. What popped up for me was The Gardens at Bonaventure -- definitely in your price range, 2/2 condos. Bonaventure is very nice -- you tend to get more for your money (for sale or for rent) in that section of Weston because the homes and apartments are older (built in the 80's).

I have a neighbor who uses St. Paul's (I just checked and the full name is St. Paul's Child Enrichment Center) which is in Weston. She loves it -- she told me her kids run to the school and teachers -- can't wait to go each day. One of the teachers even came to the house to bring something, go over something, about the lessons -- she was impressed with the commitment to learning. Hope this helps -- I have another neighbor who sends her kids to pre-school and I can find out if she uses the same place, or a different one. Can ask next time I see her.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 AM

55 posts, read 251,308 times
West of 75 in broward is generally a safe area of middle to upper class. check out zillow, craigslist(has a nice map feature now), realtor.com(although site info lags a few days behind), and using a Realtor is free to the tenant as the landlord pays the commission. I just did a quick look on the Realtor MLS west of 75 with criteria of 2/2 and max of $1450 and came up with 17 all in the I-75 corner in Weston. A less defined search might show more.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 PM

142 posts, read 439,548 times
We love St. Paul's in Weston!!!!! Highly highly recommend. Small school, sweet, sweet teachers, director, entire staff. My daughter sat down in the class on our tour last fall and told me "mommy i want to go to school here!" However, their hours are only 8:30am until 12pm, with lunch bunch (additional cost) option until 2pm. So after that, school is closed. (Not sure if you're looking for more hours than that). They have a 2 year old class (must be 2 by Sept 1st) through pre-k. They also only run Sept-May.

I also have heard great things about "A Children's Carousel". That was from our realtor. And I believe from the Bonaventure area is a short distance. I believe they start at 18 months. But I'm not sure if they take them at 18 months or if that's 18 months by Sept 1st.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 AM

24 posts, read 48,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cespin View Post
Hi, I am a single mom with a toddler relocating to Pembroke Pines. Just landed a job and have to move within two weeks. Can anyone recommend really safe townhomes, apartments west of 75 and a preschool? Looking to rent 2/2 $1400 or less for now.
Some have recommended Resort at Pembroke Pines but I have read all negative reviews.
Weston was also recommended.
I need some advice asap as I am packing in NJ with no place to go in Florida.
Thanks
DO NOT GO ....to the Resorts..is the worst place to live in Pembroke Pines, I live in WestPembroke Pines, I do not live in an apartment, I live in a house, but you should try Pembroke Cove or Falls of Pembroke, is maybe a little more of $ 1400, but it worths. Pre-schools..there is one in Pines Blvd and 180. the name is World of Knowledge, is a very good one, I used to have my kids in St Maximilian Catholic Preschool, I will recomended as A1+...Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area