Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 AM

192 posts, read 298,843 times

Advertisements

The title says it all. Are they good, specificity Indian ridge? Is there better for less then 400,000?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 PM

444 posts, read 899,472 times
$400,000? Last I heard, it was free.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,945,396 times
Indian Ridge MS is fine. Western HS is just OK. I would try something zoned for Cooper City HS if you can't afford something zoned for Cypress Bay HS.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM

179 posts, read 309,369 times
I've worked for the School Board for over five years and if I had kids I'd be scared to send them anywhere around here.

Western is an 'A' school but it has it's issues.

Western has good diversity in my opinion. (If that means anything to you. It certainly does to me) Western has a nice balance of white, black and hispanic kids but they also have a decent amount of bad apples at the school. (mainly from the trailer park next to campus) Theft is extrememly common (pretty much a daily occurance) and drug related issues show up every few weeks as well as fights. A year or two ago Western was actually one of the top schools in the county in terms of arrests made on campus.

Sounds bad, I know, but it's really not. Your child just has to stay clear of the riff raffs and remember to not leave any property unattended.

No school I know of is void of that problem, not even Cypress Bay.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSicily954 View Post
I've worked for the School Board for over five years and if I had kids I'd be scared to send them anywhere around here.

Western is an 'A' school but it has it's issues.

Western has good diversity in my opinion. (If that means anything to you. It certainly does to me) Western has a nice balance of white, black and hispanic kids but they also have a decent amount of bad apples at the school. (mainly from the trailer park next to campus) Theft is extrememly common (pretty much a daily occurance) and drug related issues show up every few weeks as well as fights. A year or two ago Western was actually one of the top schools in the county in terms of arrests made on campus.

Sounds bad, I know, but it's really not. Your child just has to stay clear of the riff raffs and remember to not leave any property unattended.

No school I know of is void of that problem, not even Cypress Bay.
I agree that all the Broward schools have issues. However, IMO Cypress Bay and Cooper City are better learning environments than Western.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I agree that all the Broward schools have issues. However, IMO Cypress Bay and Cooper City are better learning environments than Western.
I'm just asking, are Pembroke pines schools okay?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott19 View Post
I'm just asking, are Pembroke pines schools okay?
You need to ask about specific schools. The district here is a county wide district and there really isn't any such thing as Davie schools or Pembroke Pines schools.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:04 AM

984 posts, read 4,326,736 times
Yep, and it will vary a lot from area to area within Pines (as it's not a small City really). Some areas are assigned to some schools, and others, well, to others. Generally from what I heard the schools in West Pines are better than the rest of Pines. Cypress Bay and Cooper City are slightly better though - I believe.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
You need to ask about specific schools. The district here is a county wide district and there really isn't any such thing as Davie schools or Pembroke Pines schools.
Young Middle school, and Flanagan High school, and how do they compare to Indian Ridge Middle, and the latter to Western High, and Cooper city high. One last question, are there a lot of budget problems in Broward? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 PM

Walter C Young is ok as is Indian Ridge. However, there are better HS choices than Western or Flanagan. I would look at West Broward, Cypress Bay and Cooper City HS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area