Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,600 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Coral Springs in a couple weeks (near Wiles & N. University). And I'm trying to figure out the TV/Internet situation. I was expecting to get Comcast. But they can't find my new address in their system. So it looks like their service isn't available. The only other options seem to be AT&T Uverse or Advanced Cable.

AT&T Uverse seems fine for TV. But the highest internet speed they offer at my address is 18 Mbps. We have a large family with lots of HD streaming and gaming, plus work that often requires huge downloads. We really need a minimum of 25-30 Mbps.

Advanced Cable gets horrible reviews. But those go back a couple years. I noticed they have a new 50 Mbps service. Has anyone tried it? Have they improved their service or are they still horrible?

Is there a 3rd option that I'm not aware of?

I'd really appreciate input from anyone that lives in the area. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 10:57 PM

610 posts, read 750,012 times
We had Advanced Cable the whole time we lived in Coral Springs (we've since moved out-of-state). They were pricey, but reliable and we had no issues with the service.

At that time (pre-2013), ATT Uverse wasn't yet available there. It was ACC or Dish.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
We had Advanced Cable the whole time we lived in Coral Springs (we've since moved out-of-state). They were pricey, but reliable and we had no issues with the service.
Thanks for the info.

The price doesn't concern me as much as their poor reviews. Lots of people complain about frequent outages. And they also complain about the speed, only getting 2-3 Mbps on the 15 Mbps plan. I'm hoping those are just a few unhappy customers, and not reflective of the actual service.

Does anyone know if Comcast has plans to move into Coral Springs? They're currently moving into Weston.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM

28 posts, read 166,287 times
I had (forced) Advance Cable in Weston,FL..They are probably the worst ISP i have had..If you have a choice (In Weston, most people didn't till this year), I would definitely go with U Verse. NO question, minimum downtime, close to what speed you are suppose to get (not like Comcast but definitely better than Advance). If you have a choice in South Florida, the first preference would be Comcast then U verse..

Old 09-03-2014, 03:58 AM

679 posts, read 887,615 times
Another vote against Advanced Cable. Horrible customer service on top of an unreliable product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area