Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:04 AM

109 posts, read 141,093 times

Advertisements

work is in ft lauderdale…not about to do an hour to hour and a half commute each way just to get to work...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 09:39 AM

30 posts, read 35,517 times
My hubby and I left because of all the low class 3rd world immigrants. Happy hunting and Shalom!

Old 12-05-2014, 07:16 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,945,727 times
And leave this beautiful place;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKV-UaQZ_0

Old 12-06-2014, 11:58 PM

367 posts, read 941,582 times
Moved to be closer to work as Miami never hired me and Broward/Palm Beach County did. I would only live in Miami Dade again if it was downtown Miami or midtown. I was born in the city of Miami but was raised in suburban Northwest Miami Dade west of Miami Gardens and north of Miami Lakes and would not go back there, just cause it's boring.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:42 AM

438 posts, read 654,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
And leave this beautiful place;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKV-UaQZ_0
It IS beautiful. But perhaps less than 1% of 1% of the people who live in south Florida actually earn enough money to be able to afford to live in any of the homes featured in that video. If you have money (more than just a little of it) it can be awesome to live here, and this is true in pretty much every coastal city in the USA. However, if you're a 9 to 5-er who punches the clock for less than $80,000 a year then you're poor, not middle class, and you may find yourself surviving, not living...and certainly not 'living' anywhere near the type of lifestyle that the people who live in those homes do.

Last edited by JohnD_fla; 12-09-2014 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 12-09-2014, 10:15 AM

438 posts, read 654,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
My hubby and I left because of all the low class 3rd world immigrants. Happy hunting and Shalom!

So where did you move to?

Old 12-12-2014, 08:16 AM

45 posts, read 61,029 times
i use to live in sunrise ft lauderdale but i was born and raised in homestead lived in carol city too. im going to have to agree with the poster that said people in ft lauderdale are more genuine and real. i enjoyed my time in ft lauderdale and met some amazing people but i just had to move back to miami cause thats home! but there are more jobs in ft lauderdale..you dont HAVE to know spanish to live there.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:07 AM

136 posts, read 481,714 times
I was raised in NW Dade County, just outside of Miami Lakes. I've lived in many parts of Dade over the years: Miami Lakes, Coral Gables, South Beach, Coconut Grove, and finally, Midtown. My partner and I moved to Hollywood this past June because we wanted to buy a single-family home. We'd looked at homes in northeast Dade, along the Biscayne corridor. In the attractive areas (El Portal, Miami Shores), everything was priced out of reach, unless the property had only 1 bathroom or backed up against an undesirable area. The affordable areas (North Miami, North Miami Beach) were mostly very unappealing, with many poorly maintained homes. In Hollywood, we got plenty of house (and yard) for our money in a regular, middle class neighborhood that was neither an eyesore nor trying to be "fabulous."

Old 01-10-2015, 01:27 PM

66 posts, read 323,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondudo View Post
How is Broward more American than Miami-Dade?
Broward has more people who were born in the united states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area