Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:00 PM

22 posts, read 43,667 times

Advertisements

Great Thread.
I currently live in Hoboken NJ and love Mass Transit. New York Metro area has the best mass transit system in the world bar none. Yet all of the ignorants up here complain and complain. I use it everyday to get to work and rarely have problems.
My wife and I hope to move to FTL next year. It is the closest "replica" of a northeast city I can think of. Unfortunately it has nothing even close to the Boston T or the LIRR or NYC Subways. But if we want to escape northeast winters we will accept that.

Like my current hometown Hoboken, FTL has the bars and restaurants. Las Olas and the riverfront make for amazing friday and saturday nights. Throw in a great beachfront and its hard to beat. The architecture may differ but it just feels like a Northeast city in a warm climate. Cant wait to get there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 12:54 PM

5 posts, read 8,737 times
Yes it is possible to have a centralize life in downtown FTL. I moved to the skirts of downtown and work is a few miles away. Las Olas and beach a healthy bike ride away. Cannot comment on public transport only use it to go to MIA (airport via trirail). FLL (airport) on whimsy have walked home if not carrying my life. I find this location extremely convenient. Just have to deal with home prices if you choose to buy and small ones. We have our share of criminals so get a monitoring alarm. Its been years of it now so I am starting to abhore the crime here, it has changed how I regard my material posessions-- bolt it down/lock it away. At some point you need to 'live' and balance this with culture the arts good dining, etc. If you imagine an active lifestyle, and getting everything you need access to around the corner FTL can work out well for you. People love to visit us as we are close to everything.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,361,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajavella View Post
Great Thread.
I currently live in Hoboken NJ and love Mass Transit. New York Metro area has the best mass transit system in the world bar none. Yet all of the ignorants up here complain and complain. I use it everyday to get to work and rarely have problems.
My wife and I hope to move to FTL next year. It is the closest "replica" of a northeast city I can think of. Unfortunately it has nothing even close to the Boston T or the LIRR or NYC Subways. But if we want to escape northeast winters we will accept that.

Like my current hometown Hoboken, FTL has the bars and restaurants. Las Olas and the riverfront make for amazing friday and saturday nights. Throw in a great beachfront and its hard to beat. The architecture may differ but it just feels like a Northeast city in a warm climate. Cant wait to get there!
if you think ftl is close to a northeast city you are gonna be in for a REAL shock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area