Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 03:06 PM

6 posts, read 21,976 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on nicer apartment complexes in W.Pembroke Pines that are large dog-friendly? ($1000-1200/month range) Would prefer near highways in order to commute to downtown Miami. I can't really find much online that doesn't have AWFUL reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 PM

124 posts, read 698,248 times
try pembroke landings

Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 AM

546 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Check out Solano at Miramar...prices are a little over your budget but they're really nice and well-kept. I have seen big dogs being walked around so it might be worth checking out. It's located between I-75 and the Turnpike on Red-Road (57 ave).

Old 04-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Solano at Miramar? I actually saw it online and thought it looked REALLY nice, but what about the neighborhood? I was warned to pretty much stay away from Miramar. Any thoughts on safety in that neighborhood? I am definitely willing to go over budget if I find a nice place.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
If it's an apartment complex and it's in Miramar, chances are it's really close to Opa Locka or Miami Gardens. Miramar itself is not bad unless you are east of University Dr but a lot of crap drifts in from the communities below it until you are well west (I would say west of Flamingo, maybe even 75). West Miramar is very nice, in a bland, just built sort of way.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2SFL View Post
Solano at Miramar? I actually saw it online and thought it looked REALLY nice, but what about the neighborhood? I was warned to pretty much stay away from Miramar. Any thoughts on safety in that neighborhood? I am definitely willing to go over budget if I find a nice place.
The neighborhood is great, compelled does not know where it is located. It is not in a bad neighborhood at all. It is within walking distance to Flamingo road and it is just east of the "west miramar" imaginary boundary. I have former law enforcement experience so trust me, I'd never recommend somewhere that isn't safe. Put it this way, they're building the Miramar Performing Arts/Town Center Complex directly across the street from the Apt complex. The town center is also going to have new shops/restaurants and a 24 hr fitness. There are lakes everywhere and people are always jogging after dark in the area. The complex is gated and the prices of the rentals range from 1275.00 - 2100.00 so everyone there is taking care of the property. It's worth checking out...

Old 04-17-2008, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2SFL View Post
Any suggestions on nicer apartment complexes in W.Pembroke Pines that are large dog-friendly? ($1000-1200/month range) Would prefer near highways in order to commute to downtown Miami. I can't really find much online that doesn't have AWFUL reviews.
I have been looking for this exact same thing for 6 months and haven't found anything. I move next month and have realized I must settle for something else.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:06 AM

Unfortunately that budget limits you a lot. You can find good apartments for a few hundred bucks more a month. (1200.00 - 1400.00) a month...

Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 AM

So if we up our budget... any specific suggestions?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
The neighborhood is great, compelled does not know where it is located. It is not in a bad neighborhood at all. It is within walking distance to Flamingo road and it is just east of the "west miramar" imaginary boundary. I have former law enforcement experience so trust me, I'd never recommend somewhere that isn't safe. Put it this way, they're building the Miramar Performing Arts/Town Center Complex directly across the street from the Apt complex. The town center is also going to have new shops/restaurants and a 24 hr fitness. There are lakes everywhere and people are always jogging after dark in the area. The complex is gated and the prices of the rentals range from 1275.00 - 2100.00 so everyone there is taking care of the property. It's worth checking out...
That area is too close to Sherman Circle which is a hell-hole in Miramar. Believe me, you will get nothing but low-class renters that are always looking for something bad to do. Trust me....you do NOT want to rent there...trust me, trust me, trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area