Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
The I-95 stretch between downtown Lauderdale and Ives Dairy Rd. isn't terrible because the road is 6 lanes each direction. But once you get in between Ives Dary and the Golden Glades the lanes narrow down from 6 to 4 and it gets really clogged up. Then after the Golden Glades, the Turnpike and the Palmetto both feed onto 95 and it is a parking lot every day between 3pm and 7pm all the way down to downtown. The Turnpike is a very good alternative to 95 when traveling north/south through Broward, but once you get into Miami-Dade it takes you right back onto 95. Also, in north Broward, I-95 narrows from 6 to 4 lanes between Pompano and Boca. There isn't as much volume on that stretch, but the slightest accident will back things up for a good 30-45 minutes. Then the lanes open up to 6 again between Boca and West Palm. Whoever planned that idea was a real genius.

I had to travel from downtown Miami to west Broward one time for a dinner function. I left 2 hours to get there to account for rush hour traffic. The thing is, it took me 4 hours to get to my destination because the roads were so bad. By the time I got there, the party was over and everyone was paying their bill. I missed an entire dinner. That's an extreme example, but it happens quite often to people.
you forgot to add how horrific the road surface is in that area too. I ruined one of the wheels on my car as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
you forgot to add how horrific the road surface is in that area too. I ruined one of the wheels on my car as a result.
How do you even do that so much here?!?!? Just about every road in the whole damn area has been repaved within the past 2 years, and before that most weren't more than 10 years away from it's last repave.

Wait, which stretch? South of the Golden Glades it turns into concrete. That stretch sucks but not as much as the concrete Dolphin stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area