Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:51 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Why? All of the crappy areas are north of Griffin, not south. A better idea is to stay north of the colleges, SOUTH of Griffin or even better yet, west of University Dr.
Because if he stays north of Griffin, he is closer to Nova. It is true that there are some nice parts south of Griffin, but the commute would be further. There are a bunch of apartment communities around Nova, and further west. That includes west of University Dr. I mentioned he can go further west, even West Davie out towards I-75 or in Sunrise. But in the interest of staying close to Nova, I recommended the areas I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Because if he stays north of Griffin, he is closer to Nova. It is true that there are some nice parts south of Griffin, but the commute would be further. There are a bunch of apartment communities around Nova, and further west. That includes west of University Dr. I mentioned he can go further west, even West Davie out towards I-75 or in Sunrise. But in the interest of staying close to Nova, I recommended the areas I did.
Okay, that makes sense, I thought you were suggesting that it was a crappier area!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrenis View Post
Thanks Alicia! I've heard that the area east of 95 is the nicest. How far of a drive is this area from Nova? Is traffic bad in this area?
East of 95 is nice, as long as youre all the way at the beach, which will be about a 20-30 min drive to Nova, depending on how far south or north of 595 you are. (595 is the dividing line basically of north and south broward.. and runs all the way to US1 where the airport is..)

There's lots of little communities west of University, south of 595 (and even north of, around the Plantation, Cleary area) that are decent. There's also lots of little apt complexes literally surrounding Nova, that you should have no issues finding. Check out craigslist too. Might find someone who is renting privately, without a realtor. Hope this makes sense! Broward is a giant grid.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:08 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
I see no advantage of him living east, because he'd have to live all the way near the beach. And he doesn't care about the beach. He cares more about living near Nova. In that case, there are plenty of affordable options around Nova or within a mile or two. Like I said, the best areas to live are north of Griffin, west of the Turnpike, and East of Flamingo Road. But don't be afraid to look in Plantation which is above 595, but a very short commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area