Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 AM

43 posts, read 127,351 times

Advertisements

Around Cape Coral / Fort Myers Beach that is along the lines of Sharkeys in Venice or Alabama Jacks in Key largo. Right on water, delightfully tacky, perhaps live music from time to time, not too stiff and not too expensive. Any ideas?

We'll be in town later this summer and again in the winter and just don't want to drive to Key Largo or Venice if we don't have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,097,171 times
I'm thinking harpoon harrys. Fishermans village punta gorda. Maybe berts bar in matlacha. Lazy flamingo in bokeelia.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Thanks, I have been to Harpoon harrys before, had spaced that one.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:17 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,046,844 times
Nervous Nellies on FMB is an ok place to eat

Old 06-14-2012, 02:43 PM

693 posts, read 2,014,491 times
Pierside is right on Fort Myers Beach, literally on the beach, always have music, The Tiki Bar at Lighthouse Resort, Docs, The Beached Whale, The Nauti Turtle, Smokin Oyster Brewery, Pinchers, Bonita Bills all are on Ft Myers Beach or just before the bridge some are on water, some aren't, but are very close. In Cape Coral you have Leapin Lizard, Paradise Tiki Bar, Backstreets, The Twisted Conch, Monkey Bar, The Dek ( all not on water, but tacky as hell, and have decent if not great prices and awesome happy hours), The Joint, Rumrunners (both on water, not tacky, not cheap), Matlacha you got Berts, Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House (one of my favorite places), and Toucan, but they had a fire so I am not sure when they will be back. 95% of these places have live music or some sort of entertainment. If you aren't worried about being on the water or live music I would recommend Bubbas Roadhouse in CC. If you like tacky, very good, very reasonably priced food this is your place.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:23 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,097,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
Pierside is right on Fort Myers Beach, literally on the beach, always have music, The Tiki Bar at Lighthouse Resort, Docs, The Beached Whale, The Nauti Turtle, Smokin Oyster Brewery, Pinchers, Bonita Bills all are on Ft Myers Beach or just before the bridge some are on water, some aren't, but are very close. In Cape Coral you have Leapin Lizard, Paradise Tiki Bar, Backstreets, The Twisted Conch, Monkey Bar, The Dek ( all not on water, but tacky as hell, and have decent if not great prices and awesome happy hours), The Joint, Rumrunners (both on water, not tacky, not cheap), Matlacha you got Berts, Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House (one of my favorite places), and Toucan, but they had a fire so I am not sure when they will be back. 95% of these places have live music or some sort of entertainment. If you aren't worried about being on the water or live music I would recommend Bubbas Roadhouse in CC. If you like tacky, very good, very reasonably priced food this is your place.

forgot about bubba's love the peanut shell's on the floor. I also share your love of Sandy Hook. I always go there at least once every trip.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:18 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,342,229 times
And the most touristy award goes to: http://www.ultimateislandguide.com/f...ide-grill.html Right in Times Square.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:40 AM

Thanks all, these are great!

We're actually looking at a move to the area. Going down later this summer to spend time just there, finding our way around and making decisions. If we're still in love with the idea, we'll persue it late winter / early spring... so we'll also be looking for good Thai, Indian, Vietnamese and that sort of thing as well...

Last edited by chadci; 06-15-2012 at 06:51 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,342,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadci View Post
Thanks all, these are great!

We're actually looking at a move to the area. Going down later this summer to spend time just there, finding our way around and making decisions. If we're still in love with the idea, we'll persue it late winter / early spring... so we'll also be looking for good Thai, Indian, Vietnamese and that sort of thing as well...
For good Vietnamese try: Pho Vinh Noodle Soup in Cape Coral, Florida | Wix.com

Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM

Thanks, that menu looks wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area