Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2011, 09:01 AM

4 posts, read 6,278 times

Advertisements

In response to my last post, at least one person suggested that I check out downtown Ft. Myers to see if it might have some of the qualities I'm looking for in choosing a place to live. My question is what is considered downtown?

Also suggested was Cape Coral, although there are clearly a mix of opinions on that, I have the same question for what would be considered downtown in that community.

What about Bonita Springs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 03:46 PM

693 posts, read 2,013,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 239brad View Post
In response to my last post, at least one person suggested that I check out downtown Ft. Myers to see if it might have some of the qualities I'm looking for in choosing a place to live. My question is what is considered downtown?

Also suggested was Cape Coral, although there are clearly a mix of opinions on that, I have the same question for what would be considered downtown in that community.

What about Bonita Springs?
I don't mean to sound condescending, but Ft. Myers downtown is considered downtown. It's not hard to confuse it with any other part of Ft. Myers, you simply follow the signs and you will know when you are there. I would consider downtown Cape Coral to be from Del Prado west to Coronado and from SE 46th St South to Miramar. But that's just me. I have no idea what anyone considers downtown in Bonita since I dont spend much time there. I also didn't read your initial post, so I can't comment on what you are looking for. But if it's nightlife, this area isn't for you.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:03 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Cape Coral doesn't have much of a "downtown." As I've said, what you are looking for isn't in Lee County. But Cape Coral has a sense of place, a community feel, which is what you are looking for. Bonita Spring's "downtown" is on Old 41. If you use Google street view you will easily find these places. Bonita Springs in that area doesn't have much of the vibe you are looking for. There is more of a Mexican community feel in that area. But check out Stan's subs while you are there for some great subs and soups.

HSmom gave you a great answer regarding downtown Fort Myers. It's rather obvious, as Billy said, if you check on Google Street View.

Fort Myers Beach has a strong community vibe, too, especially after the snowbirds and tourists leave. After awhile you'll come to know the year-round residents, as I'm sure Billy can attest to.

You are going to find that Lee County, Florida is not like anything you are use to but if you find the right place it can be a very different bu good experience. I liken it to not seeing Colonial homes dressed up with wreaths for the holidays. You may miss that or other things but you'll come to enjoy palm trees festooned with lights and the Christmas boat parade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area