Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 07:55 PM

112 posts, read 130,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
A lot of the people that complain about water bills being astronomical are the ones with automatic levelers on their pools that stick or people that have the old PVC running from the meter the house that leak profusely underground leaving no signs of a significant leak. It does kind of stink that you have to pay $50 even if you don't use the water, but that's the price you pay having a vacation home. If you are paying $100 without a pool for a family of 3 year around, something is wrong. My bill is the same amount with a pretty big pool, for a family of 4.
I'm wondering, does this mean that a single person renting a 1BR has to pay a minimum of $48 per month for water in Cape Coral? What about Fort Myers? I am already aware of the expensive "deposit" just for opening a water account (weird).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 09:36 PM

518 posts, read 1,231,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotatrolldamnyou View Post
I'm wondering, does this mean that a single person renting a 1BR has to pay a minimum of $48 per month for water in Cape Coral? What about Fort Myers? I am already aware of the expensive "deposit" just for opening a water account (weird).
It depends. A lot of condos you would rent have the water bill built into the hoa fee. So those wouldn't cost you anything. But newer complexes have lines going to each unit and it is not in there hoa fees and is billed on a per unit cost. Water here is a big rip off and it is only going to get worse with these crooks..

Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 AM

112 posts, read 130,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiege1224 View Post
It depends. A lot of condos you would rent have the water bill built into the hoa fee. So those wouldn't cost you anything. But newer complexes have lines going to each unit and it is not in there hoa fees and is billed on a per unit cost. Water here is a big rip off and it is only going to get worse with these crooks..
I'm expecting to live in a regular apartment complex like Madison Brantley or Coral Waters for ex. I suppose with all the water department does...canals and constant work adapting to climate change etc....

Old 07-14-2014, 01:05 PM

27 posts, read 39,525 times
Madison at Brantley in Fort Myers charge water directly to the resident. It is based off of how many people live there or at least that is how they did it a couple years ago.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:01 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
One has to look at the house and the neighborhood. There are upscale areas in all sections of the Cape. I have seen dumps in the SE section where the homes are older and the streets look kind of slummy. One really has to look around for themselves to see if the homes are kept up.. the NE section and NW section has more newer homes because of the building boom but there can be some streets there too that look run down. The SW has some better areas . It is mixed with no real way to know who is going to be your neighbor because of so many foreclosures, people leaving and people coming in.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,175 times
SWFL is a place to die not to raise your children in. This is sad...

Old 03-11-2015, 03:48 AM

93 posts, read 175,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
Stay away from the area by the hospital, by area I mean use a compass and clear about a 1.5 mile circle out of your hunting grounds. Also avoid most of the area a few blocks South of the Parkway West of Del Prado and East of Santa Barbara, anything within about 2 blocks of Santa Barbara, most of the NE, most of NFM, and anything from 4 Mile Eco up Del Prado can be hit or miss...There are always exceptions, but this is a pretty basic way to go. These areas aren't horrible by Fort Myers standards obviously, but they are generally the worst areas of Cape Coral
Sorry to bump an old thread, but how terrible is the area around the hospital?

Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 PM

79 posts, read 114,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_mommy View Post
It is around Laredo Avenue. We will be renting for the first year as well. Between the $800-$950 range.
If you mean Laredo Avenue between Benchmark and I-75, it's a pretty good area, but it is close to a couple of bad areas. So if you plan on approaching from the west, it is wise to use caution, and don't go through those bad areas at night, especially that stretch of Martin Luther King between Ford Street and Flint Drive, as well as Palm Beach Blvd between Veronica Shoemaker blvd and Marsh Avenue. If you must go there at night, a good route to go around the bad areas would be to take Michigan Avenue east to Zapato Avenue, then Zapato north to Ballard Road, then Ballard east to Ortiz, and then Ortiz to Laredo Avenue.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:26 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrvao777 View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but how terrible is the area around the hospital?
In general the areas with the most rentals are the worst areas. Avoid places with apt complexes and duplexes if you intend to invest in a home.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 789 times
I may be moving for a job at Rasmussen College in Fort Myers. We are a family of 5. Kids 14,13,11. Trying to keep rent under $1900 max. What is a nice area to live within 30 mins from college? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area