Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 PM

172 posts, read 945,791 times

Advertisements

No thanks. I don't sell houses.

BTW, how pretty is Knoxville right now? Are the leaves changing? I've always wished Southwest Florida had some beautiful fall foliage like people get up North.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 01:48 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I love the fall and I love the spring. Having said that, we are in the middle of a severe drought, so the foliage is not as pretty as other years.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
I moved from Fort Myers 2 weeks ago and still own my home down there. So we did not have to have everything out and our neighbor would watch our house. Left the power on and had lights on timers. We left some stuff at our house so we did not have a big mess to deal with when we arrived here. Makes unpacking easier.

Well I was reading NBC2 News online this afternoon and as usual crime was keeping up pace. But then I saw the daycare center half a block from my house was broken into and somethings were stolen and they trashed the place.
Was not planning on going down to get the rest of our belongings until Thanksgiving. Change of plans. We are leaving in the morning. Not looking forward to it since the last two weeks in Northern Alabama have been great, even if it has rained the last 2 days.
So I will load up my Rottweilers, grab a gun and head on down.

The best part is, Sunday morning we will be heading back to America.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:30 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I moved from Fort Myers 2 weeks ago and still own my home down there. So we did not have to have everything out and our neighbor would watch our house. Left the power on and had lights on timers. We left some stuff at our house so we did not have a big mess to deal with when we arrived here. Makes unpacking easier.

Well I was reading NBC2 News online this afternoon and as usual crime was keeping up pace. But then I saw the daycare center half a block from my house was broken into and somethings were stolen and they trashed the place.
Was not planning on going down to get the rest of our belongings until Thanksgiving. Change of plans. We are leaving in the morning. Not looking forward to it since the last two weeks in Northern Alabama have been great, even if it has rained the last 2 days.
So I will load up my Rottweilers, grab a gun and head on down.

The best part is, Sunday morning we will be heading back to America.
Smart idea. The riff raff is so shady here that to trust for even a day or two is a risk. The other day some guys broke into a house while the woman & child were there & held them at gunpoint asking for money.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:35 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Smart idea. The riff raff is so shady here that to trust for even a day or two is a risk. The other day some guys broke into a house while the woman & child were there & held them at gunpoint asking for money.
Home invasion!!!!

Burglary (the lurks-at-night, let me just steal your stuff and leave kind) is everywhere though.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Home invasion!!!!

Burglary (the lurks-at-night, let me just steal your stuff and leave kind) is everywhere though.
But the story actually becomes humorous...she said that they were Hispanic & spoke in Spanish...as she was telling this to reporters in her broken english...and kept telling her they only wanted money. She said that she told them that she was poor & lived simply & had no money...and they stole her Hummer out of her driveway

Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
But the story actually becomes humorous...she said that they were Hispanic & spoke in Spanish...as she was telling this to reporters in her broken english...and kept telling her they only wanted money. She said that she told them that she was poor & lived simply & had no money...and they stole her Hummer out of her driveway
Yikes!

That is what I remember most, the people that always had a con or a lie. I wonder if it was a set-up and she couldn't make the payments anymore.

Yes, burglary is everywhere, but with southwest Florida becoming a ghost town, it is going to create more problems. The good people are leaving and the criminals are left behind to eyeball the goods.

Good luck to you, thebigr. I'm saying a prayer for you, and I'm not religious.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Thanks Hiknapster. I will be leaving in the morning so should be there some time late in the evening. Maybe I will catch some scumbag in the act and you can read on the news "Man shoots burglar, his dogs tear body to shreds, having hard time identifing body".

Old 10-26-2007, 08:28 AM

354 posts, read 1,273,411 times
Thumbs down recent crime activity

Grow Houses in Lehigh.....

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres, Sweep yields 40 arrests in Lehigh (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071026/NEWS0103/71025072/-1/NLETTER01 - broken link)

Murder of a local..

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres, Details, arrests emerge in Cortes killing

Old 10-26-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiddle View Post
Grow Houses in Lehigh.....

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres, Sweep yields 40 arrests in Lehigh (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071026/NEWS0103/71025072/-1/NLETTER01 - broken link)

Murder of a local..

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres, Details, arrests emerge in Cortes killing
This week in Lee County: 7 grow houses busted in one day. 40 people arrested. Another man arrested for setting another man on fire in a car. 240 speeding tickets given out this past week. Guest at a Holiday Inn in Fort Myers held at gunpoint while thugs robbed him. Four students at a high school in Fort Myers are being charged with sexually assaulting another student WHILE IN SCHOOL. Oh, some other armed robberies here & there.

Go Lee County!!! And who said Florida isn't paradise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area