Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:32 AM

677 posts, read 934,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
It's obvious you're not paying attention to the flow of this thread...I wasn't talking about, referring to, or even commenting on the original post. I was replying to a post above mine. I suggest before you come with guns blazing (and your ignorance shining) you actually read the thread and follow the conversation.

I suggest you try some Prozac and calm your roll.
Tryna clean it up huh, well it didn't work, so try again. You said his post was a rant, your reply was in reference to his rant so yeah you were referring to him, but whatever, if anyone is in need of a tranquilizer it would be you FL cheerleaders who come on board gangbanging so why don't you chill.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:36 AM

199 posts, read 567,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Even my GPS was lost in Boston. When I lived in NH I would go to Boston to pick up guests and got lost going to Logan. My GPS had me trying to make turns where there were no roads just row houses... I thought I was gonna die in some parts.. crying white girl lost in a decent car in Boston=bad news
This post made my day. After reading through the OP's initial rant, then skipping to the last two pages, I was reminded of why I rarely visit this forum anymore. But then I came across your post and it made me laugh out loud because as a Boston transplant, I can verify that every word of it is true.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
^^^ I grew up in Cape Coral so finding my way isn't hard at all....it was super easy as a teen because this place was pretty much wide open flat land.

I always tell newbies to get a map of the city and keep it in their car and to even study it a bit..once you get the gist the layout you can find any address you need without the need of the GPS.

the canals will throw you for a loop every once in awhile

Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 PM

591 posts, read 820,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
First, don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out!

I came to CC from Long Island, NY. My property taxes are 1/4 of what I paid there. I pay no State income tax here either, almost 7% there. Sales tax is 1% lower. You lose there. Insurance and water are a little higher here. I did not buy in the flood plain. I bought a house with a hip roof too. You lose again. I use well water for the pool and reclaimed water for the lawn so the higher water costs are not that much.

You didn't know it was hot here in the summer. You lose again. The value you get in CC real estate is way better than what you can buy up north. No way you are getting a water front home up north for $200,000 like you can here. Not
$400,000, probably not even $600,000. You lose again.

Bugs bothering you. Up north you cant have a screened enclosure over your pool. The snow will crush it. I was never able to sit out at dusk and watch a sunset up north without the enclosure like I can here. You lose again.

I work every day in my garage with two fans blowing. Not a big deal unless you are a sissy. I wouldn't like working outside in the sun. But I worked outside in the winters up north and it was brutal. I'm not big on swimming anywhere but my crystal clean salt water pool. But I would rather swim in the gulf than in Lake Michigan. PS I can swim in my nice warm pool for 8-9 months a year. Up north it was swimming in a cold pool and for about 3 months. You lose again

Crime in CC compared to Chicago. haha It is practically non existent in comparison. You lose again. I guess you like shoveling snow and raking leaves. I don't. How about winterizing you pool and boat, then opening them each year. Have you ever slipped on the ice and broken a rib? I have, twice.

I love living in CC. Anyone who doesn't like long hot summers, low rates of pay and who can't afford to have their air conditioner fixed should not move to Cape Coral. I agree with you on those points.
Right hand to God, this is one of the best posts I've ever read on City-Data.com.

Thank you.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post
Right hand to God, this is one of the best posts I've ever read on City-Data.com.

Thank you.
I read these Negative and unproductive "hate Florida" and I have to wonder? Why do you all Yankees infest my State of Florida. If its so bad you can not think why you even moved to my State.

We have Zona Zoo Practical make this her Thesis Paper for FMU. Why does she still reside in Florida when clearly Tucson and Scottsdale is here place of happy?

Because these people are clear not happy in their daily lives.

We Floridians who have served in the National Guard during Times of Need. WE Floridians Raised our kids to be good reasonable adults. Built Homes in a largely empty County of Osceola.
Built the parks and reclaim our history.

What have you so smart Yankees done for Florida, except complain we have a Southern Twang.

Yanks need to leave if you can not be part of Florida!

Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 AM

199 posts, read 567,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I read these Negative and unproductive "hate Florida" and I have to wonder? Why do you all Yankees infest my State of Florida. If its so bad you can not think why you even moved to my State.

We have Zona Zoo Practical make this her Thesis Paper for FMU. Why does she still reside in Florida when clearly Tucson and Scottsdale is here place of happy?

Because these people are clear not happy in their daily lives.

We Floridians who have served in the National Guard during Times of Need. WE Floridians Raised our kids to be good reasonable adults. Built Homes in a largely empty County of Osceola.
Built the parks and reclaim our history.

What have you so smart Yankees done for Florida, except complain we have a Southern Twang.

Yanks need to leave if you can not be part of Florida!
This "Yankee" loves Florida and is here to stay. I have nothing to complain about and couldn't be happier here. Don't paint us all with the same broad brush.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:44 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
This "Yankee" loves Florida and is here to stay. I have nothing to complain about and couldn't be happier here. Don't paint us all with the same broad brush.
Ditto. +1

Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
Ditto#2..........every Yankee that I know loves Florida

Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Ghostrider AZ lives in...wait for it...AZ.

Shocking but true.

"Why, why, why did he invade AZ. Why do these Floridians insist on conquering Phoenix? Why, oh why? And clearly their happy place is Florida?

"And why is he attacking someone that was defending Florida?"

Maybe the dry heat got to him.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
What have Yankees done for Florida?

Let's see.

Edison turned the lights on in Fort Myers.

A Pennsylvanian created freon and other Yankees further developed it into air conditioning.

Henry Flagler, a New Yorker, brought the railroads. He was a visionary that really changed the face of Florida, along with Walt Disney and air conditioning. Without those you'd be still be back in the ages of the Indians and Spaniards.

Hey, wait a minute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area