Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,719 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any comments on [URL="https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34208-Estero_Florida-Vacations.html"]Estero[/URL] v. Bonita Springs? We recently vacationed in downtown [URL="https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34467-Naples_Florida-Vacations.html"]Naples[/URL] at the "Inn On 5th" and while beatiful we found the area to be a zoo in high season and way over priced. I visited friends in Estero specifically at "Grandezza" and found the area to be more laid back and just as beautiful. With quite a range of house styles and price ranges it seemd like a good choice to buy a home and find a reasonable value or big bang for your buck. My wife and I would use it part time in the winter months as we are from the upper Midwest and then possibly live there a full 7 or 8 months out of the year once fully retired. I would also appreciate alternative suggestions. I would also appreciate your comments on the golf course at Grandezza and how it compares to others I should consider. I did play it twice and did enjoy my rounds of golf. A gated community is not required so feel free to make suggestions for other good safe neighborhoods. We are considering looking for a home in the $750K to $1 mil range.

I welcome all your comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 06:29 PM

52 posts, read 59,433 times
Bonita Springs and especially Estero are growing communities with lots to offer. I haven't played at Grandezza but this area is packed with golf courses and Im sure you can find one you will enjoy. Not sure if you want to become a member at just one or be able to play other courses. There are some great communities to choose from. I would look into new construction, as resell homes were built pre-2008 have their a/c, roofs are at half life and will be needing updating. You can find brand new construction at similar prices. With your budget you will be able to find a beautiful home away from the cold!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:10 PM

93 posts, read 175,974 times
I think both are great areas and will offer cheaper options than what you would find in Naples.

I personally find the area of Estero south of San Carlos Park beautiful. There are some rough areas (relatively speaking, depends on your comparison point) in Bonita Springs as well and I tend to prefer the more northern parts of Bonita that abut with Estero.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:22 AM

841 posts, read 4,840,559 times
My parents have lived in a gated community in Bonita Springs for the past 18 years. I think there was only one mattress store in front of their community on US 41, along with farmland and cows. My how things have changed!
Bonita Springs as a whole is beautiful and safe. They purchased a single family home in BS instead of Naples because they could get more for their money. Now with Coconut Pointe Mall, the Hyatt, and strip malls everywhere, shopping is very easy, albeit there's a lot of winter traffic.
As they have gotten older and upon reflection, they've told me they wished they would have purchased a house in Naples. They frequently go to shows, volunteer, go out to eat, visit friends, etc. and much of what they like to do is in Naples. With the increased traffic in the last 20 years, what used to be a 20 minute drive during season now takes 45 minutes or more during season.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:25 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers19 View Post
With the increased traffic in the last 20 years, what used to be a 20 minute drive during season now takes 45 minutes or more during season.

Indeed, something to consider.

Bonita is fairly well established. Estero is just beginning a boom cycle that will see major increases in traffic and congestion in the coming years. When considering a place to settle, remember the "long term" is where you will spend your time. Don't look at the traffic/congestion of today and make your decision based on that. Project forward what those issues are likely to be five, ten, twenty years out.......

Lee, and Collier counties are fast becoming one huge urban strip from North Fort Myers to Naples at this point. Before long all the empty spaces will be filled up. I've been here 25 years now. Back then you couldn't tell the difference if you were north or south of Fort Myers, or between Bonita Springs and Naples if travelling down 41.

Lots of widening and infrastructure work going on US 41 to the north of North Fort Myers as well, that portends the future. But at this point that area is the only relatively empty space between Port Charlotte and Naples.

Just a few things to ponder......

CN.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area