Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 07:13 AM

74 posts, read 36,246 times

Advertisements

Looking for some hints.Would like to store my boat during the summer season on my lift with the cover on but worried about mildew.I see lots of other boats stored that way so it looks as though there is a way to do it.
Also,guess you need to roll the dice as far as hurricanes go.....many boats I've seen had boat lift covers as well as mooring covers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 07:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Two things will help. First of all, do NOT strap the cover down so tight it seals out any airflow. You can even buy little air vents that go where your support poles go that will allow air to enter. Making it too air restricted is a perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew. Some people even put a little electric fan on a timer so it comes on periodically to move air inside the boat.

Secondly, after cleaning your seats and other interior areas, apply a mildew RETARDANT spray that will keep the mold from growing as badly. You can buy the air vent and retardant at places like West Marine and others.

If you do get some mildew anyway, use a bleach based product (they mostly all are) to kill it when you come back next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area