Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 01:02 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
School may not resume at all for the rest of the school year. I don't think a lot of kids know what to do with themselves besides electronic devices.
Yeah, our schools might open and if they do, it'll be April 15th and extend through all of June. But at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if school is done til August. They already said testing & grades are done for the year and won't count for the 2020 school year. That's the pre-cursor so you don't just hold a press conference in March and say 'school closed rest of the school year'.

Now that we FINALLY have testing, you'll see numbers skyrocket, but don't be alarmed, many people have it now..they just aren't being tested yet.

I think if we do a 2 week lockdown, it will definitely help and perhaps let kids go back to school on April 15th.

Until then, its online learning, excersise, and netflix/mobile devices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 08:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I already had TP from Costco, but yesterday I went to the WalMart grocery store at the corner of College and Southpoint to get other stuff, and they were putting out a pallet of TP. So it is starting to trickle in to various places.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:38 PM

22 posts, read 46,376 times
I've got the weekend ahead and I know I have to be smart about how I allocate my time especially with all the craziness going on. I went on amazon and snagged 600 rolls of commercial grade "pull towels" for $35 (bought the last one). It's not an elegant solution for sure, but I just don't have the time for a toilet paper scavenger hunt.

3/28 delivery est. Not bad considering...

Old 03-20-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
I've got the weekend ahead and I know I have to be smart about how I allocate my time especially with all the craziness going on. I went on amazon and snagged 600 rolls of commercial grade "pull towels" for $35 (bought the last one). It's not an elegant solution for sure, but I just don't have the time for a toilet paper scavenger hunt.

Hope you can hold it that long !

Old 03-21-2020, 09:29 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:

Hope your pipes can handle it. That sounds like a plumbers dream... paper towels in the toilet.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the concern, but I still have one roll of normal toilet paper left on my dispenser. Also, I don't flush any paper in my toilet; although, even if I did, it would be my apartment's management's problem.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:01 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Thanks for the concern, but I still have one roll of normal toilet paper left on my dispenser. Also, I don't flush any paper in my toilet; although, even if I did, it would be my apartment's management's problem.
You don’t flush your toilet paper?? You realize that’s what it’s made for, right?

And if you did clog those pipes with paper towels, it would be on you. Read your lease.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You don’t flush your toilet paper?? You realize that’s what it’s made for, right?

And if you did clog those pipes with paper towels, it would be on you. Read your lease.

Yep, there are going to be a lot of people getting surprise bills from the management of their apartment complexes, if they resort to using non toilet paper and flushing it. As I mentioned earlier, two of my family are property managers, and that happens a lot and the people get charged for doing it.

With this shortage of TP, I bet all kinds of other substitutes are being flushed.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post

Since I was young I was taught that flushing paper was generally bad practice. The first "wipe" sure, but flushing everthing would cause clogs. Each bathroom had small bagged waste bins next to the toilets that got taken out daily.

As for my lease, I'm no plumber, but I suppose if the towels backed up my specific toilet they'd easily discover the culprit, but I was thinking more along the lines of the general building sewage drain and the sceptic tank.

It's all moot anyways. I know I can't flush paper towels.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:55 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Learn to use the shower.

Generally speaking, it's typically just a step or two away from your toilet.

Check sporadically at some of the stores you might not usually patronize. The Dollar General by Kismet and Andalusia in the Cape had some T.P. under lock and key in the back room, last Thursday. If they have it, they will send an associate around to ask the customers one on one if they need any, and will bring it out to you. One package limit.

Of course they are likely sold out by now, but DG and many other stores are still getting resupply from their warhouses.

When I was down in Naples/Ft. Myers/Cape Coral for work over the past few weeks as all this was ramping up, I would be in Lowes and/or Home Depot every morning early. While the local news was reporting empty shelves "everywhere", I noticed they had mountains of Bleach, cleaning supplies, and toilet paper on the shelves.

Try the sources you normally wouldn't think of to go buy those items. When that store restocks, they are likely to stay on the shelves a little longer, just by virtue that not as many people go looking for those items at that type of store.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area