Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:28 AM

862 posts, read 1,051,497 times

Advertisements

Florida isn't designed for intellectuals in the first place-you want that move to
Mpls.-St. Paul

Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
Or any of the New England states, New York...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
Florida isn't designed for intellectuals in the first place-you want that move to
Mpls.-St. Paul

Old 08-25-2008, 11:18 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,917,126 times
well i agree cape coral is def a lower standard of living for the most part. there is a few nice communities in there on the coast. the rental market there is shot. i am not sure what is so bad about europeans they arent localized to cape coral and bring a great diversity to the area during the summer months. all areas have there pros and cons. in general swfl is a great place. i realize some people really get down on the area but its a growing economy and has a lot to offer and will only get better.

i prefer the estero area myself.

i am not sure why you think naples is fake. perhaps you havent been to the bar in cape coral? fort myers? ft lauderdale? miami? but the difference is the people in naples actually have that much money. they dont spend every dime of credit they can get in order to look like they have money. its mainly generational wealth there. i know realize some celebrities, musicians, pop stars and sports players have places there. but for the most part its old money and familys with vast amounts of it.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
i am not sure why you think naples is fake. perhaps you havent been to the bar in cape coral? fort myers? ft lauderdale? miami? but the difference is the people in naples actually have that much money. they dont spend every dime of credit they can get in order to look like they have money. its mainly generational wealth there. i know realize some celebrities, musicians, pop stars and sports players have places there. but for the most part its old money and familys with vast amounts of it.
There is a big difference in the quality of people who are noveau rich or were born into it.

Noveau rich lack tact and enjoy being very "in your face".

Not impressed.

Hence, why I was never impressed with the "wealthy" of Naples nor am I ever impressed with pro sports players or movie stars, etc.

Yes, there is generational wealth in Naples but it is not the majority.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 PM

681 posts, read 885,314 times
In all countries that I have been travelling to, I never see German tourists in our hotels. But I see them on the street buying fruit, knicknacks, etc. All year around they save and save to go on vacation and once they go, they cannot break the habit of being cheap. I see them sitting and eating on roadside food booths in Asia. Very brave indeed as middle class locals would not even dare to think about eating on the street as an option!

To beat unemployment caused by greedy speculators, road side fruit selling, souvenir booths, quick cooking kitchens are places could do well next in Cape Coral..even though Walmart might be cheaper. Buying things on the road is very exotic to some Germans.

Since property taxes are high in Cape Coral to have the sale of mobile homes might improve...assuming mobile homes are cheaper than houses in Cape Coral.

Why tourists matter to a city, think of Hawaii. It used to be a sleepy town but now doing relatively well thanks to better class of tourists. And its nature is not ruined just to please property investors.

Or think of Bali. Only 20 years ago, Bali was such an interesting place. Then low level Australian tourists and German tourists took over. Now, to be there is wasting time and damaging your health...seeing all destruction of nature and culture is bothersome to one's mind...and I am not intelligent or intellectual.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:34 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Just remember, it could be worse. You could be in Miami-Dade county and get the same ugliness at 4 times the price!

Old 08-27-2008, 05:13 AM

Hey Brokerdave, a growing economy???? Where is this? You must see things no one else sees around here. You put Cape Coral down, but it's bad ALL over, including Fort Myers, Estero, and the precious city of Naples. Sounds like someone in real estate has a hard time selling over here in the cape. I like the cape. Lower standard of living in the cape????? Have you not looked around in Fort Myers recently? Please... What is your deal with Cape Coral? Take a ride along Pelican Blvd and tell me it's a "lower standard of living". Sheesh...

Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 PM

681 posts, read 885,314 times
How impressive for Cape Coral that houses over $400K are still bought...among all other possible places on the earth...to such "rich" people it does not matter that the value of their new houses will fall till 2010 and will never go back up, again.

Some people just want a small spot in this "paradise". Money is no issue.

A great case study for success of marketing through mass media..."Cape Coral, a great deal so good that you cannot miss" as a magazine wrote.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Naples is the Hamptons on steriods.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Always a nice positive posting from you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
How impressive for Cape Coral that houses over $400K are still bought...among all other possible places on the earth...to such "rich" people it does not matter that the value of their new houses will fall till 2010 and will never go back up, again.

Some people just want a small spot in this "paradise". Money is no issue.

A great case study for success of marketing through mass media..."Cape Coral, a great deal so good that you cannot miss" as a magazine wrote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area