Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:44 PM

4 posts, read 6,956 times

Advertisements

Nice job i appreciate you taking the time to reply.as far as cape coral is concern, as long as its laid back doint need no more excitement .law enforcement for over 20 years.I wish you the very best and thans again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
I don't think all renters are bad. I was a renter for years and never did anything but treat the place as my own. I think when you rent you have to trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right they aren't for you. I would make sure that I collected first, last and security tho.

Cape Coral is very nice. I have been here for 15 years and never had a problem with any one.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:50 AM

106 posts, read 337,483 times
As Jackie said "There is no Eutopia, for sure, but I love CC and this area and if you are living a straight up life, you should have no problems and actually have a nice life, here. The only problem I ever had was a bad sunburn...really bad, but that's another story. The people here, that I have come across are very friendly. It's not that I've not seen uppity people or confrontations, but these people are usually just miserable no matter where they are. In such a place as this, it's hard not to be in a good mood, you know what I mean?"

Every community has it's shall we say, Low Spots. You will do fine.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I'm also a renter and have a really negligent landlord. Over the years I've painted the walls and shampooed the carpet, since I want to live in a nice, clean home.

So let me tell you what happens when you live in a home for many years, are quiet, honest and never late on your payment and rarely complain. My carpet is at least 15 years old and completely worn. The neighbor I mentioned whose puppy is peeing on the brand new carpet, began renting in May. The property manager, who always acts like my best friend, told me he signed a lease for $950. I was shocked that he would pay so much for an old 2/1 that needs major renovation (I was paying $850) but I kept my mouth shut. One day he was drinking a few beers and splurted out that he wasn't going to pay his $800 a month rent any more, since the place wasn't worth it. I called the property manager and was told "Well, no landlord is going to ask if you want your rent lowered." That's very true, but I asked and was lied to by the agent and the owner. So I then paid $800. Well, guess what happened next? These are duplexes, and the one in front is empty. A prospective renter came by and called the number on the sign out front and I overheard him asking "Will you take $700?" So when he was done with his conversation, I asked him what they wanted for the apartment and he said $750!" I now will pay $750, since I don't have a lease and threatened to move, but I learned my lesson, didn't I? So my point is that, in this market, rents are negotiable.

Anyway, to stick to the topic, a renter is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." References might help, but how do you know the reference isn't the person's brother-in-law?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 PM

41 posts, read 148,441 times
This area has much more rental's than renter's. You will have to take very low rent to rent it at all. I use to have 100 rental's here and they were all full 2 year's ago and now 80 of them are empty. Good luck finding a renter.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Oh, not to belabor this issue, but something unusual happened today. I saw my former neighbors who lived in the unit on the other side of me, the one I mentioned above that is for rent. They're moving back in next week! I wonder what kind of rent they were able to negotiate!

Actually, I'm thrilled. She was a quiet neighbor who never gave me any tsuris.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM

41 posts, read 148,441 times
I would think the rent would be considerably cheaper now than when they were here before. People are desperate to rent their stuff around here. I heard on the news homes that originally sold for 3 and 4 hundred thousand dollars are going for 30 and 40 thousand at Sanibel in foreclosure auctions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area