Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM

206 posts, read 449,818 times

Advertisements

Looking to move there and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the development, good or bad. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 04:22 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby24 View Post
Looking to move there and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the development, good or bad. Thanks
Hi Ruby - you mean "Sandoval"...... :-)

Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby24 View Post
It's very specific to your tastes...what draws you to the area?

As with any heavily designed and produced "community" it has its pros and cons. What I like you may dislike & vice versa.

I remember it being very heavily advertised on early morning PBS when we lived there, so it was definitely looking to interest young families.

If you enjoy the area and are ok with Cape Coral itself & understand some of the limitations that come with living in a community such as Sandoval, you will probably be quite content.

Good luck. There was a poster at one time who did live there with 2 young boys I believe and he always mentioned that he enjoyed it.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:17 AM

206 posts, read 449,818 times
We have a lot of family in the area and don't want to move to an area where I don't know anyone. I've done that before and don't like it. My kids are grown but I don't want to live in an age restricted community. I'm 56 but think I'm 36 and I don't want to be around only older people. I like having people of all ages around. I don't at all mind restrictions, as I believe they will protect me in the long run. It seems like a beautiful place, but sometimes you need info from the inside.
thanks for your input.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:25 AM

32 posts, read 88,808 times
Sandoval is a great community. Yes there are rules. I like rules they protect me and my property values from the people that like to use our city as if no one else matters. I'm sure that you are aware of the many problems down here. These problems lend themselves to really good deals on home prices. Be redy to endure battles with the local government and high unemployment. If you survive the current crisis, you'll do well to own a home here. BEWARE of real estate agents! Many can't be trusted. They start with a low price and then tefll you that they have gotten a better offer. They may or may not have a better offer. I had to weed out about 6 agents before I found one that I could trust.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:22 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
I have never lived there but do have a few friends that live there and love it. There children are grown and on there own. I also have a few friends with kids that love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area