Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times

Advertisements

Because some people, who need not be named or pointed out, just don't like Florida, or those of us from Florida. Not sure why, they just have an issue. Probably the same people that come here, then pull out in front of a 20k lb truck and then brake check the poor guy as he's trying not to run over them since their lincoln cant break 30mph for some reason.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:39 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
So personal attacks are where we are at. Those of you who argue with me, if you don't live here, and don't see it first hand, you know where to take your opinions. Chris, as for your wife, have either you or her ever heard of "overqualified" ? It is far easier to train people to do a job the way you want, if they don't have decades of employment history. And, unless the company she worked for went out of business, then she lost her job because they kept someone who was better. Sorry to say, there ARE jobs in teaching available here, and there are jobs in plenty of places otherwise. For those of you ignorant fools who keep calling me a car salesman, pull your head from your rear for a minute, as that is not what I do. FWIW, there are plenty of jobs doing that as well, and if you are competent, you can make good money at it. Shame of it is, most people, especially baby boomers are so ingrained to ONLY KNOW ONE THING, that they cannot adapt to situations well, and do not thrive outside of their main course of study, or outside of the job they have been doing for years. What is wrong with carrying a gun and keeping one by the bed? Tell me I'm wrong for wanting to protect my family, and we see how brilliant you are. Crimes happen everywhere, everyday, and I refuse to be a victim without protection. I carried my pistol everywhere I went when I vacationed in Murphy, NC, what's the difference? If you practice something every day, it becomes habit.

That's right, lets not all be self-serving and put down people that have facts and see it day to day. For those of you nay-sayers, get real and pay some attention to what is going on.

Facts:
Teachers retire or quit every year, there will be open positions.
Auto dealerships and repair shops are busier now than they were 6 months ago, and leaps and bounds ahead of 12 months ago.
More tourists are returning and staying longer because they are getting better deals and rates.
Tourists spend money.
Money is what the economy is based on.

Tell me if I'm wrong
Yep, worked for Albertsons who sold about all of thier stores due to the crappy economy and losses in FL. So she was out of a job when they closed all the stores. NOT because they kept someone better(I like your insinuations, trolling are we?). You seem to have all the answers and pretty much know all, so I will leave it at that. It makes me wonder why you are allowed to personally attack people, but gee since you are a Florida cheerleader you can get away with it, amazing...

Old 03-23-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Because some people, who need not be named or pointed out, just don't like Florida, or those of us from Florida. Not sure why, they just have an issue. Probably the same people that come here, then pull out in front of a 20k lb truck and then brake check the poor guy as he's trying not to run over them since their lincoln cant break 30mph for some reason.
I know this is not directed towards me... I am in my 30's. Don't drive a land yacht. I have to deal with these people you are commenting on(snowbirds) pulling out in front of me. Part of living down here that does suck.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:54 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Yep, worked for Albertsons who sold about all of thier stores due to the crappy economy and losses in FL. So she was out of a job when they closed all the stores. NOT because they kept someone better(I like your insinuations, trolling are we?). You seem to have all the answers and pretty much know all, so I will leave it at that. It makes me wonder why you are allowed to personally attack people, but gee since you are a Florida cheerleader you can get away with it, amazing...
I never personally attacked anyone, nor was I trolling, nor was I insinuating. But since you appear to be too narrow minded to actually read what I posted, we'll just point out to you that I said something like "unless the company she worked for was shut down completely, then she was laid off for someone better than her"... I never maid any false accusations or personal attacks towards your wife, why would I do that? That is your gig.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:17 PM

320 posts, read 1,130,062 times
I'd line up a job before you move anywhere and then go from there.

That being said, I'm in Fort Myers and I love it here.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:47 PM

10 posts, read 36,634 times
I have lived in the Ft. Myers area (Lehigh Acres) for 6 years and in the Tampa area (St. Pete) for 15 years. I have not been the victum of crime in either place and have always felt safe. As a career educator, I feel that the schools in Pinellis County (St. Pete) are better. St. Pete is just over the bridge from Tampa with easy access. I recommend the Tampa area because of the expanded job opportunities there.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Lighten up, everyone knows I didn't mean it literally But please enlighten me, why do you still live in SW Florida? Why haven't you moved back to your Yankee roots? You seem proud of that!
I am planning on it in September... I am proud as hell to be a yankee, trust me. Even though I am a bit redneck....LOL. I HATE SW FL. NOT all of Florida, I am considering Jacksonville or around there, this county sucks, and never really liked this area, but when a job calls you go where the job is, a job was more important than anything when my unemployment was running out.... I would not have chosen this area by any means if I had to. This area has nothing to offer unless you are 75 years old.....

Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I never personally attacked anyone, nor was I trolling, nor was I insinuating. But since you appear to be too narrow minded to actually read what I posted, we'll just point out to you that I said something like "unless the company she worked for was shut down completely, then she was laid off for someone better than her"... I never maid any false accusations or personal attacks towards your wife, why would I do that? That is your gig.
Whatever dude......

Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM

God forbid anyone say anything remotely negative about this useless county, this thread should be closed......

Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Since there no longer seems to be any useful info here, I'll close this thread.
I hope the original posters have gotten the info they were asking for....if not, please read some of the other threads here. City Data is supposed to be helpful........hopefully it has.

Frank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area