Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:47 PM

6 posts, read 9,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacia.burnham View Post
Hey there! I am from Kissimmee! I moved here in 1999 and never looked back. There are some great areas in Fort Worth and surrounding areas. What are you looking for in particular?

Thanks. Right now i'm just doing the research between Ft Worth and Austin to see wich one would be better for me, my daughter 9 yr and my son 19 yr. Looking for a better place to live with them. My research now is on places to live, jobs, health insurance for my daughter etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:23 AM

621 posts, read 1,333,550 times
I hear that California is real nice these days?

Old 06-26-2011, 08:18 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndr View Post
Thanks. Right now i'm just doing the research between Ft Worth and Austin to see wich one would be better for me, my daughter 9 yr and my son 19 yr. Looking for a better place to live with them. My research now is on places to live, jobs, health insurance for my daughter etc.

Well your research will not be fruitful unless you ask meaningful questions. At this point you have learned nothing from this post to help you.....

Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 PM

15 posts, read 22,792 times
Im from Kissimmee, when I left I never looked back. Fort Worth is a great city! With all cities you have to research where you want to live. Close to a job, good schools, culture, night life. Have you thought about any of these things. Do you plan to buy or rent? What is most important to you now and long term?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:16 PM

28 posts, read 54,380 times
Default ft worth hell?

What you jokers don't understand is that every newbee asking the same question is just a polite way of asking has "hell's half acre" spread to most everything inside the corridor between Dallas and Fort Worth?? . or inside the perimeter of 20 and 820?...have bands of mexicans, indians, blacks, and other scary minorities formed roving gangs that spray bullets and drugs all over the streets? Have even the tourist areas like the stockyards and Billy Bob's been surrounded by growing urban blight. Does everyone hide in their ranches, ignoring the growing problems until the foreclosures start hitting their street? Is Chuck Norris powerful enough to clean up these streets? ....and other questions we will never know until you actually go there.

Luckily we will be there for 3 days in July, staying at the Worthington.
We will get a realtor to drive us around friday (including a rush hour trip out of town from my wifes future workplace)
Then we can play tourist and look a little more at the area that weekend, I hope it's a good first impression.
We are lucky to have time before being relocated to DFW, company housing for 2-3 months after she is called out will give us real time to look at nieghborhoods and the big picture. I plan on getting to know some of the bank REO agents with short sales and searching public records for pre-forclosures...so when we find our area, we will get the best for our buck.
I plan on contributing to these boards throughout the process and afterwards. helping all the nervous nellies over their fear of the unknown, with my first-hand account.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWbound View Post
What you jokers don't understand is that every newbee asking the same question is just a polite way of asking has "hell's half acre" spread to most everything inside the corridor between Dallas and Fort Worth?? . or inside the perimeter of 20 and 820?...have bands of mexicans, indians, blacks, and other scary minorities formed roving gangs that spray bullets and drugs all over the streets? Have even the tourist areas like the stockyards and Billy Bob's been surrounded by growing urban blight. Does everyone hide in their ranches, ignoring the growing problems until the foreclosures start hitting their street? Is Chuck Norris powerful enough to clean up these streets? ....and other questions we will never know until you actually go there.

Luckily we will be there for 3 days in July, staying at the Worthington.
We will get a realtor to drive us around friday (including a rush hour trip out of town from my wifes future workplace)
Then we can play tourist and look a little more at the area that weekend, I hope it's a good first impression.
We are lucky to have time before being relocated to DFW, company housing for 2-3 months after she is called out will give us real time to look at nieghborhoods and the big picture. I plan on getting to know some of the bank REO agents with short sales and searching public records for pre-forclosures...so when we find our area, we will get the best for our buck.
I plan on contributing to these boards throughout the process and afterwards. helping all the nervous nellies over their fear of the unknown, with my first-hand account.
Good luck and keep us posted. You are coming to visit during the time of year when it is least desirable to live here. We always try to plan an escape in July and August to Colorado or California..... so it is a really good time to see us at our worst. And, that's important information. I hope driving you around on Friday pays off for the realtor and eventually s/he gets to submit your winning offer. Nothing worse than driving people around on a hot Friday afternoon.......

Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Good luck and keep us posted. You are coming to visit during the time of year when it is least desirable to live here. We always try to plan an escape in July and August to Colorado or California..... so it is a really good time to see us at our worst. And, that's important information. I hope driving you around on Friday pays off for the realtor and eventually s/he gets to submit your winning offer. Nothing worse than driving people around on a hot Friday afternoon.......
I agree, and since the corporate relocation people are paying the costs for selling the old house and buying the new, we will probably work with the first agent they set us up with...(unless they are a total fool)

Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM

574 posts, read 1,640,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWbound View Post
I agree, and since the corporate relocation people are paying the costs for selling the old house and buying the new, we will probably work with the first agent they set us up with...(unless they are a total fool)
You just might want to work on a back-up plan then! It will sure take you some time and research to find one that meets your criteria!!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:56 PM

Default you got a point

I was going with their recommended agent in the office nearest the area we are looking....of course they have a few that they work with and I can submit my own choice for approval as long as they are willing to work with the relo company...my main fear is getting a bozo who doesnt know the area we are looking in, or an agent just looking for a quick commission and seems unwilling to put themselves out there for us, knowing the sale wouldn't be until next year (or end of the year to get a homestead exemption for 2012).
It will be a matter of luck to find one willing to deal with banks for a shortsale, or with a network that can sniff out preforeclosures or hud homes worth having.
I know agents probably troll this forum, even though they can't advertise.
If anyone knows a good realtor for southwest Ft Worth that might fit the bill you can PM me as I may need a backup plan...choices are good things!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
all 3 of our moves with the relo company we had to use thier RE office of choice. Usuially that office has 1 or maybe 2 agents that do re-lo work.
Since the closing costs were furnished by re-lo company we really had no choice. (unless we wanted to pay closing costs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth