Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoTX2012 View Post
Google Maps lies. Traffic along 35 into FW is usually bad and often terrible. I do it twice a week from Keller (well south of Southlake) and it almost always takes 45-50 mins
Agreed. No way would I consider commuting from Southlake to downtown Fort Worth on a daily basis due to the traffic. Right now, the 820/35W interchange is all being reconstructed, and TXDOT just announced they are going to tear up 35W from there to downtown, and that project will last 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,695,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Agreed. No way would I consider commuting from Southlake to downtown Fort Worth on a daily basis due to the traffic. Right now, the 820/35W interchange is all being reconstructed, and TXDOT just announced they are going to tear up 35W from there to downtown, and that project will last 4 years.
Completely agree. Everyone has their own priorities and criteria, but I sure would not waste 10+ hours of my life per week commuting; especially since Fort Worth proper has some great options with many more "foodie" and international community offerings.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,757,014 times
As with the previous posters, Southlake to FW, especially since you would have to go south to the 820/20 area would not be fun and you'll be spending a long time in your car. Just a suggestion, if schools and safety are a priority, Aledo might be an option however it is not known as an international community nor does contemporary housing comes to mind when I think of Aledo. It would be about 20 miles from the area you would be working and is a little bit more "rural". There is construction however it is supposed to be done in 2014. But overall, you would be close enough to FW to be close to amenities, restaurants, etc. and still not have a horrible drive to work. You just have to decide what is best for you.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecosbill View Post
thanks all and happy Thanksgiving...
From Goggle Map potential future office to Southlake is about 40 min ( 26 miles) with no traffic.... probably doable if the area meets the family wishes...
Number 1 for us is safety and number 2 is school, an "international" community is something that will be of importance for us as well as "contemporary" housing is at all possible... Thanks again I will be looking at Southlake area and maybe go their for a visit when I come in a couple weeks.
Gino'61 if you can let me know your overall experience in living in Southlake that would be great... School, restaurant, sport, social life etc...
pecosbill
Southlake is very nice, but the drive is going to be horrendous - It's not just the distance, it's the road/traffic. Check out Dalworthington Gardens, zipcode 76016. It's a very small area in the southwest part of Arlington. Very safe (the DWG police like to be informed when you are away so they can check on your property), lots of space around most of the homes - some are almost set in the woods. They have homes in the price point (and way above) you are interested in. There are never very many homes for sale and the neighborhood is extremely desirable. You almost have to live in this area to even be aware of DG. You will be very close to several parks (Veterans is the largest and almost on your doorstep). If this is an area you are interested in, I would check and see if the kids could go to Martin/Young (closest schools) instead of Arlington High/Gunn. Oakridge is a good private school (and huge with a great campus, fairly close). There are also some very nice homes around lake Arlington, but Dalworthington Gardens would be my first choice.

You won't have any trouble meeting a variety of people here - welcome to Texas.

From Dal Gardens you can be at work in about 15-20 minutes, in downtown Fort Worth in about 15 minutes, almost anywhere in Fort Worth in 25 min or less and in downtown Dallas in a little over 30 minutes. You have a wide choice for dining - we love our food in Texas.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:00 AM

12 posts, read 20,031 times
Check out Bella Flora subdivision - maybe they will suit your reference. They are 5 miles away from an elementary school, 7 miles away from high school and 16 miles from a university. Plus the place is far from the noisy and crowded city, but just 12 miles away from a mall. I think its located Southwest of Fort Worth. You can check it out when you're in Fort Worth.[LEFT][/LEFT]

Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
There is absolutely no way that someone can commute from Southlake to south Fort Worth in 30 minutes. Even on a Sunday morning with no traffic, that drive still takes closer to 45 minutes, and with traffic, you are probably looking at an hour!
It all depends on how committed you are to getting into the office before traffic starts. I live in the very NW corner of Keller and work in south FW. It takes me roughly 30 min, if not less some days, to get to the office. I make the decision to be in the office at 6:30, which most people won't do, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Depending on the exact area in SL, I'd say 40 min is reasonable for an early drive.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecosbill View Post
Hi,

I am heading to Fort Worth in a few days for a job interview. The position would be around the intersection of 35W and 20/820.
Don't know the area very much. We relocating we will be looking for housing in the 800 Kusd.
I have 3 kids elementary to High School.
We would be looking for a safe environment, great public schools, an "international" community ( we are orginaly from Europe...) a rather open minded community ( we don't go to church... no offense...), green community ? All within a 30 min (give or take ) from the office....
We can de defined as outdoor, laidback and foodies....

Any areas that you can point out would be great and I will do some further digging.

Many thanks
Pecosbill
Try the rivercrest area or if you like condos downtown condos

Old 02-06-2013, 07:10 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,682,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Try the rivercrest area or if you like condos downtown condos
Hey y'all.......this question was posted in November and the OP never came back. Its now February. I don't think the interview resulted in a search for a place to live..... or, he started another post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth