Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 08:31 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times

Advertisements

Hi CD friends. I am trying to find out if there is any long term parking anywhere near the Amtrak station in Fort Worth. I've been down near there several times, but I never paid any attention to the parking situation. I'm trying to arrange a trip for my parents to come visit me in OKC. They are elderly and I don't like the idea of them driving all the way up here and they refuse to fly. I figured they might enjoy the train trip and could probably get to downtown Ft Worth without a problem. The only problem is them finding a place to park their car. Because of health issues my dad cannot walk far so my mom will have to drop him off and park the car alone. She gets disoriented easily, so parking several blocks away is out of the question. She might just end up wandering around the city all day and miss the train altogether! They live down in Ennis so a cab would cost a fortune. My FIL made the trip a few years ago, but he had someone just drop him off, but he lived in FW. My parents will probably not have that option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Unfortunately, there's hardly any parking at all by T&P Station. You might check with the hotels downtown, such as the Omni, to see if they offer long-term parking in their garage. I know the Hilton charges $15 a night for parking.

Also check around Union Station in Dallas to see if the options over there are better.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:03 PM

308 posts, read 638,315 times
It might be less expensive to send a taxi over to pick up your parents.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:44 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
Thanks for the responses. I checked on a taxi, because really that would be ideal, but unfortunately, according to dfw taxi calculator I found online, it will cost between $125-$130 each way. They would never go for that. I would actually be willing to pay that for them, so that I knew they would get there safely and on time, but they would never let me pay for it and they simply cannot afford it. I may postpone this plan for a while, at least until my SIL who lives in FW can go downtown and check it out for me. Without specific, easy to understand, written instructions they will not be able to find it. Thinking they knew their way around Ft Worth, a couple of years ago, they actually missed a family funeral because they got so lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth