Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:59 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,759,412 times

Advertisements

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but in my opinion, what the OP is looking for doesn't exist. They are going to have to compromise. Maybe Benbrook might be the best option? Even then, $100K for a house is low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 04:59 PM

11,857 posts, read 26,881,949 times
I agree. $100k will not buy a decent house with decent schools these days unless you are willing to go way out.

Since OP hasn't returned to tell us where the job will be located, it's a really moot point...

Old 08-01-2015, 11:09 PM

1,847 posts, read 833,583 times
North and east Burleson, west and south Arlington, Crowley, Benbrook, and possibly Kennedale. I've heard that their are some nice areas in far southwest Fort Worth that where still lower priced, but I'm not to familiar with the area.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:02 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,759,412 times
Pretty much everything is going up in price. I live sw of Fort Worth and I can tell you, prices have been steady or gone up, not lower. The area is nice, but the OP would not like being far away from amenities. Granbury is growing and people either love it or hate it but it's not that cheap either. Everything is getting more expensive.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:17 PM

286 posts, read 383,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acntx View Post
Moderator Note: I've had to edit and delete posts in this thread that were flagged for inappropriate content. No warnings or infractions were given. Please review the OPs post and keep the focus on addressing her needs. Thanks.
I apologize, I truly was looking out for the original poster. My intentions were well, but I will rephrase or restrain myself better next time. I apologize if I offended anybody. Cheers.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:48 PM

137 posts, read 142,678 times
Once you start seriously looking, you are going to find some reality checks. The market is full of trade-offs and you generally get what you pay for. For $100K, something (or a lot of things), are gonna give...

Like, I don't think you could even get a cheap starter home at that cost, unless it's old. At that low price range, you might actually consider buying a condo or duplex instead. Although, they are generally smaller and a family of 5 might have to squeeze a bit. But again, with just $100K, something's gonna give...

That's more like a 20% down payment on a nice old reno in Dallas proper.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:09 PM

641 posts, read 802,296 times
Yea,,, nothing like that exist at that price point. Three years ago I would've suggested the deep North side but home prices have shot up since then.

Another thing, FW is smaller than Dallas but don't make the mistake of considering it a small town. It is very much a city with a city feel (mostly suburban feel). Maybe on the extreme outskirts of the North, West, and South will you get a small town rural feell. It has more people than Detroit but less people per square mile. It's population density is comparable to: Charlotte, Indianapolis, Durham, Greensboro and Memphis but more people than all of those places.

I would save your money and wait to get a house at a different price point. Then for diversity w/ decent schools and not too high of a crime rate go with Crowley ISD part of FW, City of Crowley,,, or Keller ISD area feeding into Fossil Ridge

Last edited by FJB327; 08-29-2015 at 10:27 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 02:43 PM

137 posts, read 142,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
I would save your money and wait to get a house at a different price point. Then for diversity w/ decent schools and not too high of a crime rate go with Crowley ISD part of FW, City of Crowley,,, or Keller ISD area feeding into Fossil Ridge
I read North Crowley has declined a lot lately due to the construction of low-cost projects - bringing along gangs and other such amenities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasboy View Post
We used to live in Crowley and our daughter attended Crowley schools. The problems became so bad that we moved out and moved school districts. Crowley was a nice place to live 10-20 years ago, but not anymore. I wouldnt reccommend Crowley to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXrep View Post
As someone who just graduated from Crowley in 06, I wouldn't send my kids there. It use to be a nice school district about 10 years ago, but it's changed. They have some nice development off of 1187, but the older areas are getting more run-down. They've also built tons of low-cost apartments/projects around Sycamore School and Crowley Road, and all that feeds into Crowley
Economically Disadvantaged: 29.8%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldaddy View Post
Fort Worth Police have now indicated their first evidence of gang activity in the NORTH Crowley middle schools. It is the North Crowley area that is changing dramatically in the last couple of years. Several of the elementary schools are now Title 1. The schools are over crowded because of the population growth of the past 5-7 years because it is popular. The new construction is in areas of North Crowley where the newer schools are being built but by the time the schools have been built, they are over crowded. We moved to North Crowley 7 years ago because of the reputation of the school system. We are moving out of North Crowley because of the changing neighborhood and school system.
True or false?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth