Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 12:44 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,106 times

Advertisements

I have a short business trip to Fort Worth the week of February 12th that I extended so I could check out Dallas the following weekend. This is the first of three week long business trips to Fort Worth and I plan to visit Dallas as well and posed the same question on their forum. I love architecture, museums and will eat anything that is not moving, so tell me what is unique to Fort Worth that other cities don't have. Our business meetings will be held at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. Are there any hidden gems for dinning out or places that are not overrun by tourists? Thank you in advance for your recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 01:26 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Check out my thread from last year. Enjoy your trip to N. TX!

Old 01-27-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Check out my thread from last year. Enjoy your trip to N. TX!
Fantastic Beoulf7! Thank you. Didn't a new Museum of Contemporary Art open there? I saw some pics of a building surrounded by water and believe it is in Fort Worth.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:41 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Fantastic Beoulf7! Thank you. Didn't a new Museum of Contemporary Art open there? I saw some pics of a building surrounded by water and believe it is in Fort Worth.
You're welcome, DA. I'm not familiar w/ the Museum of Cont. Art. What did Googling it turn up? I heard that the FW Science Museum has closed down for renovations.

If you have time during the week (M-F), check out Bureau of Engraving and Printing.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:01 PM

212 posts, read 477,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Your probably referring to the Fort Worth Museum of Modern Art. It's collection and new Tadao Ando designed building are spectacular (and surrounded on two sides by water) and well worth the visit. It's across the street from the Kimbell and the Amon Carter art museums, which are both also terrific.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
you can eat at MOMA--nice restaurant that faces the reflection pool--

try to get to Reatta in Sundance -- great food and wonderful bar in the old Caravan of Dreams location on the roof

Angelo's BBQ in Stockyards and Joe T Garcia's -- but I don't favor the mexican food there and will probably be too cold to enjoy the patios--so it is missable...
Stockshow might still be going on if that strikes your fancy

Old 01-30-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogramjet View Post
Your probably referring to the Fort Worth Museum of Modern Art. It's collection and new Tadao Ando designed building are spectacular (and surrounded on two sides by water) and well worth the visit. It's across the street from the Kimbell and the Amon Carter art museums, which are both also terrific.
That is the one. I was Goggleing the word 'contemporary' and not finding what I was looking for. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: