Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:18 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,705 times

Advertisements

At least this one wont get out on parole to do it again.
I'll never understand laws that want to take guns away from law abiding citizens who just want (and have the right) to protect themselves. THE DAMN SCUM WILL ALWAYS HAVE GUNS.
Way to go Texas.
Instead of a hole in a donut this got a hole in his------well, wherever he got it. Just glad it hit a vital spot.
I'm glad to hear that someone thinned the herd of low lifes a little bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 04:40 AM

198 posts, read 205,080 times
I would say that USA is perhaps the only country where the rights of the victim are ...equal to the rights of the criminal,compared to CAN,MEX,EU,which have pro criminal attitudes.
Your comments represent the brave TX spirit,but we have to find a way to inspire other Amers.especially Northeasterners with that...

Old 05-12-2008, 02:51 PM

739 posts, read 3,058,062 times
Hah! The replies in this thread is another reason why I want to move to Texas too! Here in Cali, the neighbor would be arrested with people protesting about the rights of the robber. Blah, if we had more Texas justice in all of America, maybe crime wouldn't be so bad.

I personally hate and fear guns, but have no problem with anyone else owning them for self protection. Heck, its out constitutional right. I do think that crime committed with a gun needs to be punished with more jail time.

Oh and nothing pisses me off more than how much it costs for trials and appeals and the cost of housing. In a perfect world, we should overtake another large island and dump them there to duke it out for survival

Oh, and what really annoys me is all these perps who are separated from "gen pop" for their safety. F THAT. You molest a child? You took the safety away from that child. Throw them in gen pop and let nature run its course.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:24 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,925,879 times
Does anyone know exactly where this donut shop is? The story said it's off Roberts Cut-Off Rd. Is it where it intersects with Rt. 183 (River Oaks)? I couldn't find it.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
This is what boggles the mind. If your going to take this kind of chance why not go all the way and knock over someone with REAL money. Whats the most money a donut shop is going to have?

This is what makes me think that the only deterent to people like this is when they do eventually get shot. They clearly don't stop to think "gee, I live in a state where everyone and their Mother has a gun, I better not take the chance" or " I better plan things out really well."

Clearly their brain was not engaged. I doubt he will be missed.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
beowulf7: The donut shop (Happy Donuts, I think) is on Roberts Cut-Off Road very near where it runs into White Settlement Road. It's about a mile south of where you were. I think it's great that the perp was blown away.

shaxs: No reason to hate and fear guns. I enjoy going to the pistol and rifle range to punch some holes in paper targets. It's lots of fun. All it takes is familiarity.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 AM

37 posts, read 194,657 times
When we first visited TX, we went a souvenir store and saw the famous "Don't mess with TX" sticker. There was another sticker saying, "In TX, we don't call police" with a shotgun picture. Now we know these stickers are true!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:42 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,925,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
beowulf7: The donut shop (Happy Donuts, I think) is on Roberts Cut-Off Road very near where it runs into White Settlement Road. It's about a mile south of where you were. I think it's great that the perp was blown away.

Oh, OK, so I'd have to make a right on Roberts Cut-Off Rd. (by that CVS) when going east on Rt. 183 instead of making a left. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:04 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
No problem. I passed by it a couple of days ago, and it looked just as it always did. Nothing spectacular.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
here the robber's family would now own a donut shop and the neighbor would be in jail automatic. i love it here, the land of the endless terrible misunderstanding.
oh well we got great weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth