Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:36 PM

15 posts, read 77,403 times

Advertisements

Just moved to Keller a couple months ago and I'm looking for some good restaurants in the Southlake, Keller, Downtown/North Fort Worth area that are not national chains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 04:41 PM

362 posts, read 1,719,558 times
Chef Tim Love's restaurant, Lonesome Dove has gottten pretty good reviews by food critics and I have to say I enjoy his food as well. And hey, Chef Love did beat Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto in the chile challenge. Lonesome Dove is in the Ft. Worth Stockyard area.

If you're willing to venture over to Colleyville, I recommend Chef David McMillan's restaurant, 62 Main.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:27 PM

33 posts, read 154,351 times
Original Babe's in Roanoke

Classic Cafe also in Roanoke

Not sure if it's still there, but there was a little hole in the wall Thai place in Watauga on the corner of 377 and Watauga Road called The Magic Spring Roll that is pretty good and very inexpensive.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Chowhound Boards - Chowhound

You'll find lots of good advice there!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:17 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
I like Cotton Patch Cafe. There's one in Lake Worth. They have American food, but it tastes good, they have some healthy choices (salads are great), and are reasonably priced.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
Ohhh...definately Babe's in Roanoke. That is a must!!

A great place for wonderful atmosphere and some place that I take all my out of town guests is to Joe T. Garcia's - Joe T. Garcia's Mexican Restaurant You have to eat out on the patio. The gardens are just beautiful this time of year.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:08 AM

33 posts, read 154,351 times
oh yes! definitely Joe T's! I guess when I read the original post I focused on the Keller/Southlake area, and didn't realize she also asked for FW.

Also in Northside near Joe T's

Costa Azul and La Playa Maya for Mexican seafood
Byblos (http://www.byblostx.com/b-home.html - broken link) Lebanese

This blog looks like it has some really good reviews too- there are lots of new places since we moved up north 5 years ago. When we visit we always hit our favorites- Joe T's, Angelos BBQ, Pho 95, Whataburger but rarely check out anything new, so when we move back next month we will have alot of catching up to do!

Last edited by MarguriteHenry; 06-15-2008 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: make smiley work

Old 06-15-2008, 10:11 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
for Itallian...

we love Mezza Luna off of 1709. family owned, great atmosphere and GREAT food.
Also Nikki's bistro off of Rufe snow near North Tarrent in hte Kroger shopping center. GREAT neighborhood place. Good food. family owned.

Brio in southlake...a bit $$ but has the best bruchetta I've ever had.

BBQ...
Up in smoke off 377 in "old town keller" go upstair for more "family friendly" dining. (the front room with the bar gets lots of smokers. (but great people watching)

Mexican...
Anamias in southlake is very good. (watch out for the margaritas though!!)
Paseo's right on 1709 in keller is very good as well.
Mi Cocina

American (burger etc..)
Snuffers in southlake...get the cheese fries with jalpenos...

Seafood...
$$$$ is Trulucks in southlake. I love the wine tastings...we go more often for the tastings and appitetzers than the full meal.

We haven't been to Babes yet, but have heard NOTHING but good things about it!!

Old 06-15-2008, 05:07 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
We like Railhead BBQ off of Montgomery in Fort Worth off of 30 - RailheadOnline.com - Texas' Best Bar-B-Q

Shady Oaks is good but it is part of a local chain. I have found that there are quite a few restaurants that have 5 or 6 restaurants in the Metroplex.

Babes has two items on the menu - Chicken fried steak and chicken, mashed potatos, creamed corn (to die for), biscuits and green salad. It is served family style and the last person that we took there from out of town (Chicago) said that that was his new favorite restaurant because of the whole package. The atmosphere is fun, very family friendly and the food is just really good.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
For great Italian food check out "Italian Bistro" on Byron Nelson in Roanoke. It's family owned, a long menu and great prices too.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth