Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2007, 07:20 AM

3 posts, read 13,860 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am planning to take up a job in a university in Fort Worth. I wanted to know what areas are nice with trees and good parks for children to play. I am going to look for a house there and want to know what the price range of different areas with newer houses(at the most couple of years old) would be. Price range is from $250,000 to $400,000. Also, which private schools are really good in the area. I also want to have less commute from Home to University and to be able to pick up my child from School after work.
Currently, where we live, we have all things within 20minutes of reach. We have Dick's sporting goods where my kids do Rock climbing. Then we have both Ice Skating rink and Roller skating rinks, Tennis courts within easy commute. We also have a YMCA with swimming pool and a nice public library close by. Is there a nice neighbourhood in Fort Worth(with house prices between 300K to 400K), which has all these within easy reach with not much traffic congestion and still have an easy commute to work and back?
Please help. Also, how long would it take to get to the airport from one of these neighbourhoods and at different times of the day. Experts on Dallas Forth Worth area, please throw some light.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
so there are like 10 college/universities in this area--which one--TCU, UTA, UD, TCC--variety of campuses....UNT, TWU, SMU, UD, UD at Arlington??? You say university in FTW -- so TCU is where I zoom---TCU is inside the 820 Loop--older homes mainly, some historic neighborhoods, some condos, some rebuilds on teardown lots...around TCU....if you go outside that local zone--there are areas all over the Metroplex...if you want to see drive time, get a google map and start w/your job site and work backwards...put in different local towns like Arlington, Hurst, North Richland Hills, Mansfield, Keller, Colleyville, Bedford, Grapevine, Burleson and see how far they are...

Once you see the drive times then you could look into neighborhoods in a specific town...Hurst and Bedford have good public libraries as does North Richland Hills--Keller is having some argument about whether or not to build a new one--don't know about Grapevine or the others...Mansfield is growing very fast with many new subdivisions and commercial developments and a new hospital...Grapevine/Colleyville have good public schools and I think Hurst and Bedford has several schools in their system that are as good as any in TX--Keller and North Richland Hills have exeamplary rated schools as well....

there are nice areas around TCU and some that are little more questionable...schools are FTW ISD and some of those are rated very well...you can check the TEA region XI site and see TEA ranking for all schools in FTW isd...it might even show the attendance zone--then you could do MLS search in that area...

there are private schools--depending on how old your children are--do they need pre-school or grades 1-6? County Day School has good reputaion, there is Nolan Catholic School, Trinity Valley private school--several private schools with Protestant affiliations --just depends where you live/work/want to drive...

Getting to the DFW airport from around TCU is not too difficult--go out I-30 to 360 and do north (that is the straightest way but longer) or go through downtown to 183/121 east and look for DFW signs...maybe 30-40 min one way depending on traffic and time...from Hurst/Bedford/Grapevine/colleyville about 20 min...Arlington depends on south or north...

There is Dick's sporting good store in Parks Mall in Arlington and they are getting ready to open on at Northeast Mall in Hurst--
All towns have some nice parks--Bedford/Hurst/Grapevine I know more about...FTW itself has some nice parks but depends on neighborhoods...

Have you done an MLS search at all to see what catches your eye?

Old 10-13-2008, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 9,977 times
Default relocating to Fort Worth finding a home and schools

send me am email and I can help you with all questions. We live near downtown and also have a home down the street from one of the best schools Country Day- I also know of several homes (hostrical area all re-modeled and in perfect condition, four of them) but need to know how many are in your family. One of the homes has tennis courts, two 2 car garages and a pool and is on four lots and is right next to where the Trinity River Vision will be so the house should double in value in 10 years..... the best email for me is [email]tinamarie@lawrenceenergy.com[/email], send me an email and I will send you a ton of info and photos etc....... very familiar with FW
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenag2005 View Post
Hello,
I am planning to take up a job in a university in Fort Worth. I wanted to know what areas are nice with trees and good parks for children to play. I am going to look for a house there and want to know what the price range of different areas with newer houses(at the most couple of years old) would be. Price range is from $250,000 to $400,000. Also, which private schools are really good in the area. I also want to have less commute from Home to University and to be able to pick up my child from School after work.
Currently, where we live, we have all things within 20minutes of reach. We have Dick's sporting goods where my kids do Rock climbing. Then we have both Ice Skating rink and Roller skating rinks, Tennis courts within easy commute. We also have a YMCA with swimming pool and a nice public library close by. Is there a nice neighbourhood in Fort Worth(with house prices between 300K to 400K), which has all these within easy reach with not much traffic congestion and still have an easy commute to work and back?
Please help. Also, how long would it take to get to the airport from one of these neighbourhoods and at different times of the day. Experts on Dallas Forth Worth area, please throw some light.
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 9,977 times
I am not sure if I am supposed to put my address on there or not tinamarie at lawrenceenergy dot com I guess if I'm not supposed to they can delete it. I googled relocating to Fort Worth and found your post and signed up but will try to remember the site and check back to see if you responded.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 PM

20 posts, read 80,881 times
The TCU area is nice, and so is most of Hulen.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 6,003 times
I grew up in Keller and the area has transformed into a fabulous little treasure in the metroplex! There are homes within your price range with land...I know, it's difficult to imagine. The public schools are fabulous; however, if you are set on private, Nolan Catholic School or Fort Worth Christian are both wonderful private schools. The commute would be strait up I-35W to Fort Worth. I attended TCU and lived at home in Keller my freshman year; the commute was on average about 30 minutes (which in the DFW area is very good). I do Home and Auto Insurance but I do have many contacts if you would like for me to get you in touch with someone that can help you find a home. Keep me posted on your house hunting and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:24 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
this thread was restarted from a post in 2007---and the OP never posted back...
why start this up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth