Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times

Advertisements

Here is out outlet and it is as nice as any outdoor mall. Not sure on the savings. My wife does like the Coach store but then the one at the mall closed down and they combined at the outlet store.

Camarillo Premium Outlets
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 06:25 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,264,727 times
I like Burlington Brands which has about a dozen locations around the country. There prices are very inexpensive and the clothing are seconds and overruns.

Anymore, the only retailers I like to shop are Beall's and Burke's Outlet which offer some really great deals on clothing. If I can't get it there, it is back to Marshall's and TJ Maxx.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:20 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,676 times
I don't shop at outlets anymore. It never fails! Every time I bought something at an outlet I found something wrong with what I bought at home even after inspecting the garment carefully at the store. I also noticed colors fading faster especially on t-shirts with designs.

-Cheers.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Outlets aren't the only scams, the stores like TJ Max, Ross, etc. sell "brand" name clothes but the clothes are often lower quality line that the brand name makes for these stores.... I never trust discount at these stores, its always better to find a coupon for legit stores... With that said, i have notice a decline in quality even at the brand name stores which i think is due to the economy...

Old 05-16-2013, 08:08 PM

685 posts, read 1,104,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Outlets aren't the only scams, the stores like TJ Max, Ross, etc. sell "brand" name clothes but the clothes are often lower quality line that the brand name makes for these stores.... I never trust discount at these stores, its always better to find a coupon for legit stores... With that said, i have notice a decline in quality even at the brand name stores which i think is due to the economy...
TJ Maxx and Marshalls by me cause me panic attacks within 2 seconds of walking in. Some of the most disorganized stores I have ever seen.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
Oh, don't get me started on Kohl's lol. I know a lot of people love that store, I hate it. Their sales are huge rip-offs, basically what the price of the item should just be starting at. They mark everything up, then have fake sales. They had an article written about it a while back.I have to laugh at some of the absurd prices in that place. Even with the Kohl's cash, to me it's not worth it. You can still get Carter's clothes cheaper at Carter's then ever buying it from that place, unless on gold-star clearance.
I am not a huge fan of Kohl's. Certainly you would never pay full price for anything there! The price will be marked down--you can count on it. I did think that the Carter's baby things were reasonably priced. I also did think that the things I found at the Carter's outlet were well priced.

I buy a few things from Kohl's because it is easy to get to where I live, but I'd love to have a different store in its place!

Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
I like Home Goods really well, but you have to be an informed shopper. I like T.J. Maxx well enough. I've found several good purses there and at Marshalls. But again, you have to know what you like and have to be able to recognize good values.

I buy almost all my socks at Marshalls! Every fall I pitch old ones, and go buy new ones there. I've bought a coat and a jacket there, which have worked well. And I bought some huge containers of shampoo which I am still using 3 years later. I've bought a few purses there. I also found a great knife at Marshalls. It was obviously quite a good knife, and I only paid $40 for it; best knife I own. So, I like to visit these places, but you have to know a good value when you see it.

If I had easy access to outlets, I'd probably visit and try to keep alert to good values. If I felt that the values weren't there, I'd stop visiting.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:40 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I like Home Goods really well, but you have to be an informed shopper. I like T.J. Maxx well enough. I've found several good purses there and at Marshalls. But again, you have to know what you like and have to be able to recognize good values.

I buy almost all my socks at Marshalls! Every fall I pitch old ones, and go buy new ones there. I've bought a coat and a jacket there, which have worked well. And I bought some huge containers of shampoo which I am still using 3 years later. I've bought a few purses there. I also found a great knife at Marshalls. It was obviously quite a good knife, and I only paid $40 for it; best knife I own. So, I like to visit these places, but you have to know a good value when you see it.

If I had easy access to outlets, I'd probably visit and try to keep alert to good values. If I felt that the values weren't there, I'd stop visiting.
Socks at Marshalls? I will have to go there. I can't find nice socks for anything....

The problem I have with all these places is that to scope out the best deals you have to be a shopper. I'd rather have a root canal -- I just HATE shopping.

The only person who can cut my hair nicely is miles away, near a wonderful high end shopping area that has EVERYTHING. I always think when I make an appointment I should hit Macys and Sur La Table and this place and that place, and I steel myself to turn LEFT at the light at the parking garage to drive the 6 blocks up to the shopping where I can buy anything my heart desires.......................... and I turn right and go home.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
I came across an incredible outlet mall outside of Philadelphia. It has Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Escada (European designer), great prices, quality merchandise. None of it was a special brand just for the outlet store. There may be some outlet stores that are fake discount outlets, but some are the real deal.

That said, though, you can get very good deals by hitting the seasonal sales and monthly sales at Macy's. They have quality clothing, and great prices on their clearance items: up to 70% off. Who needs outlets with prices like that?

Old 05-17-2013, 05:36 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,014,802 times
Clothing in general is a crock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living