Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 05:24 AM

95 posts, read 296,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
UMMMMM, why is it important to have FOAMING soap as opposed to regular soap?????
Foami g soap goes a lot farther if you make your own..i like dr.bronners but its pricy,you can use any dish soap, fill your dispenser 3/4 full with water,use distilled, than add 3 tablespoons soap and 1/2 teaspoon vitamin e oil, shake gently. The vitamin e is to prevent the dispenser from getting clogged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 09:51 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
UMMMMM, why is it important to have FOAMING soap as opposed to regular soap?????
It's just easier and cleaner....no soggy soap bar lying around looking gross....a quick pump and you're washing, no water needed until rinsing if you mix it up just right.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:54 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
It's just easier and cleaner....no soggy soap bar lying around looking gross....a quick pump and you're washing, no water needed until rinsing if you mix it up just right.

I get it!

But I have the same setup.....water mixed with liquid-soap in a pump bottle, minus the foaming. And my hands get clean.....so waiiiiii is FOAMING so great and all the rage among Trendies???????????

Old 10-14-2014, 01:13 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,159,514 times
I usually use bar soap, but I might switch to liquid soap. I opened a new bar of soap today (using clay as an ingredient) and the package was very loose or maybe it came apart by itself, but I opened it and I was shocked that it had beads of sweat on it and the paper was kind of wet. I didn't even use it yet and it was in a dry place and the wrapper was dry, too - just the inside the bar of soap was sweating and the wrapper had some of the sweat and looked wet. I was going to throw it out, but figured I'll just rinse it and use it. I did and nothing weird happened. Maybe the weather being warmer than usual is causing it to "sweat." I don't think it's good for the product, maybe lucky I decided to open it when I did otherwise it would spoil or get rancid (don't know if soaps go rancid).

Old 10-14-2014, 07:01 AM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
I get it!

But I have the same setup.....water mixed with liquid-soap in a pump bottle, minus the foaming. And my hands get clean.....so waiiiiii is FOAMING so great and all the rage among Trendies???????????
If you're happy with your set-up, don't worry about it. Foaming soap dispensers have been around for a long time. I started refilling mine with diluted hand soap, bubble bath, dish detergent, shampoo more than ten years ago.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
It's not important; it's a preference. No need to get all freaked out about what other people prefer.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:26 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's not important; it's a preference. No need to get all freaked out about what other people prefer.

No...............I am TOTALLY ganked-out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I feel I am really missing-out by not having the FOAMING feature in my soap dispenser. I probably am getting my hands 1/100th as clean by not having this very important feature....people are stressing how great FOAMING SOAP is......I feel terribly left out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 11:08 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:

Now I feel I am really missing-out by not having the FOAMING feature in my soap dispenser. I probably am getting my hands 1/100th as clean by not having this very important feature....people are stressing how great FOAMING SOAP is......I feel terribly left out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really?????????????????????????????????

Old 10-17-2014, 06:39 AM

95 posts, read 296,513 times
Quote:

(Sigh) i doubt theres a difference in how clean your hands are using foam or any other soap..but foam is more frugal. .you can buy a foamer filled with soap at a dollor store for a buck,and refill it as needed, 5 parts water,1 part soap, and i add 1/2 tsp vitamin e oil it keeps the foamer from getting clogged......i sure dont see anyone getting stressed out here about the use of foam, this is frugal living, and the fact is a foamer is much more frugal.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:30 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,295,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapinky0 View Post
this is frugal living, and the fact is a foamer is much more frugal.
True, more frugal, but the OP's question was about "more effective." Any epidemiologist on the frugal thread here?

Not me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living