Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 03:42 PM

106,863 posts, read 109,133,761 times

Advertisements

buy a shovel with that money , since you are your own victim of financial suicide .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 02:17 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,306,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
a gun . Because it is the only way you will ever have anything .
lol. I'd spend it on beer and women if I were him. No chance for long term good things so might as well enjoy the moment!

Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
You keep asking, I keep explaining. round n' round we go.
He has zero interest in bettering himself. NONE.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

More like...it's called connections.
I had zero connections to get any of the jobs I had. I applied, supplied references, went through rigorous evaluation processes, and was hired. My last job was a good one that required an extensive amount of experience....and I had it.

You don't have any meaningful experience apparently and that's on you, not your landlord. LOL.

You are a "rent slave" because you have not done what most responsible adults do. They work their way up the ladder. You also won't take anyone's suggestions regarding employment or moving, etc. You could move to Sioux Falls SD tomorrow and get a job and buy a house, but you don't want to. You choose to live in your situation and post 27,000 times.

You are responsible. YOU!!

Old 10-11-2016, 07:05 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,503,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
I had zero connections to get any of the jobs I had. I applied, supplied references, went through rigorous evaluation processes, and was hired. My last job was a good one that required an extensive amount of experience....and I had it.

You don't have any meaningful experience apparently and that's on you, not your landlord. LOL.

You are a "rent slave" because you have not done what most responsible adults do. They work their way up the ladder. You also won't take anyone's suggestions regarding employment or moving, etc. You could move to Sioux Falls SD tomorrow and get a job and buy a house, but you don't want to. You choose to live in your situation and post 27,000 times.

You are responsible. YOU!!

What does a burger flipper do when they have NO DESIRE to manage other burger flippers?

That was a ladder I learned in one summer in Detroit I never wanted to work my way up.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:25 AM

106,863 posts, read 109,133,761 times
why ask us to solve your problems ? you have never acted on one answer . you just answer a question with a question .

Old 10-12-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
What does a burger flipper do when they have NO DESIRE to manage other burger flippers?

That was a ladder I learned in one summer in Detroit I never wanted to work my way up.
Your problem, as I see it, is that you've never found a "ladder you've wanted to work your way up." That didn't mean there weren't ladders out there. You just refused to pick any viable ones.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:

Your problem, as I see it, is that you've never found a "ladder you've wanted to work your way up." That didn't mean there weren't ladders out there. You just refused to pick any viable ones.

Then you blame the ladder.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:54 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,064,919 times
Quote:

How's the cell phone buying project coming along?

Old 10-12-2016, 09:59 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,995,715 times
I remember when I was a kid, lo, those many years ago, I could go to the post office and buy a Savings Stamp, which I would then paste in my little book. When the book was full, I could exchange it for a $25 U.S. Savings Bond. IIRC, my allowance at the time was 25 cents per week. IF I had faithfully kept up with that savings program (and not cashed the bonds in as soon as possible), and participated in the "Bond a Month" program while in the military, and kept up with the Bond a Month in civilian occupations, and not cashed in my oil company retirement and stock from the ESOP, I would be in great shape financially.
But, I did not do any of those things.
It is nobody's fault but my own!
With the Military Retirement and SS, I am not destitute, but IF I had been smarter...
Yes, hindsight IS 20/20!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living