Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,477,486 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried this? It looks like exactly what I want, sturdy polycarbonate panels, fits on my deck. I want something that will hold not only all my seedlings for transplanting, but will also hold greens and herbs in the winter, but not made of cheap plastic that will fall apart. There are no reviews on this, though. And I hate to buy something that has not been previously reviewed.

I want the Grow Station: Cabela's: Plant Starters Greenhouses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 AM

2,063 posts, read 7,786,156 times
It's a nice idea to have some closed shelving especially if you have a relatively protected spot for it that gets enough sunlight. I'm kind of old fashioned and like the older more heavy duty looking garden cold frames and hoop houses so, to me, the legs appear a little spindly. It looks like they would be wobbly with more than a handful of pots and plants in them. There are several places that sell it for less but none have any reviews yet so I'd guess it is probably a relatively new version of mini greenhouse. I'm sorry not to have anything else on it, I wish I had more info for you. Here are the other places that sell it:

Amazon.com: Palram Grow Station Raised Garden Bed: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Balcony & Deck Grow Station - a greenhouse, a cold frame

Grow Station Greenhouse ~ Home and Residential Patio Greenhouse

Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
If your state allows pot to be grown and sold see if you can find a local supplier that might be cheaper.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
better to take a look at the greenhouse options availble from FarmTek or similar pro's in this industry.

I don't go to FarmTek to buy sporting goods ....

Old 12-16-2012, 01:54 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,477,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
If your state allows pot to be grown and sold see if you can find a local supplier that might be cheaper.
haha. reread my post...that's not what i meant by 'greens and herbs.' i won't even take a tylenol when i have a headache!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
haha. reread my post...that's not what i meant by 'greens and herbs.' i won't even take a tylenol when i have a headache!

LOL, well OK. But I am serious if there is a local market for growers then the suppliers will beat a path to their door. The people that get wealthy off of legalized pot won't be the growers but the companies providing the growing supplies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden