Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times

Advertisements

I don't pine for lost jewelry, sold cars or even sold houses but gardens are living things and so many of us have sentimental attachments with our plants. Gifts from friends, cutting, air layers we wondered if would work, dug up from roadsides, etc. To me they are my babies.
In my house in GA where we lived for 23 years my gardens were extensive. It was featured on HGTV, photographed for Southern Living and on many tours. It made a huge statement and was a living laboratory. I used it to explain client plans and show specific plants. I was bound and determined to take as much as I could cause I knew no one would love and care for it like I did. Actually nobody would even know what was in it even though I had labeled so many things.
18 months before our move I started potting stuff up. My husband kept saying "They's got plants in N.C." but I finally got him to understand. We picked a moving company based on who would accommodate my plants which looked like pots of nothing but dirt lined up and down our driveway.It was March and everything was dormant. "Hey lady, Why you wanna take all this dirt to N.C.?" "There's treasures in that dirt, son".

I know I could never bring myself to go in the backyard. it would be heartbreaking. We left 32w koi in our ponds and I don't even want to know what happened to them.

It's so funny (not ha ha funny) how people buy a property for the yards but fail to realize how much work it takes to keep those yards looking so good and I knew this would happen.

I used to have clients who would say "I want some nice beds with flowers but very low maintenance cause I'm really not into gardening. My answer would be "You would do best with all grass. That is the easiest maintenance there is." Now if I was selling plant material, soil and mulch and borders I would have come back with a completely different answer. The times I was associated with nurseries I, of course, was encouraged to include as many expensive plants as possible to the point of crowding. No thank you. That's not how I roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 01:53 PM

45 posts, read 33,537 times
No. The Royal Nose can simply visit whatever Manor it wishes and have gardens redesigned at pleasure. No worries here, mates.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:06 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elizabeth's Nose View Post
No. The Royal Nose can simply visit whatever Manor it wishes and have gardens redesigned at pleasure. No worries here, mates.
I understand corgi poop does wonders for one's roses, dearie.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM

45 posts, read 33,537 times
It is wonderful fertilizer, indeed.

This little guy is relieved of doody, as he is all pooped out.

Pooped out Corgi puppy - YouTube

The Royal Nose does have a heart.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,422,287 times
I have been back to visit the house my husband built us - friends bought it when we moved. It is their home now. Good Memories of when it was ours. We are going to visit our daughter next month and will drive by our 2nd house - couldn't see it on google map because of the trees. - Have no desire to see house #3.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,665,169 times
This thread inspired me to look at the home I sold when I retired. I thought I would be sad. I'm not.

My movers would not move plants. I wish I had shopped around a little more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden