Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 09:25 AM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

Thought it would be fun to post what it looks like where we are.. (your own pics per CD Rules!)

If there's a better title we can have let me know. Will be fun to see who has progressed into Spring and Summer from around the world.

I'll start....

My Colors of the day. April 19, 2015.

Lilac, Swamp Maples, Hyacinthias, & Forsythias all blossoming & blooming now. Grass going to need a mow soon for first time, but with colder temps coming I may have to wait till May.

If it wasn't for last 7 days in a row above normal we wouldn't be this far & would be weeks behind normal. Like 2-4 weeks behind. So the past week let everything catch up a bit. Still about 1-2 weeks behind normal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Here in N.C. all daffodils, tulips, forsythia, cherries, redbuds, dogwoods are finished and we have cut the grass 3 or 4 times already. It rained buckets today so I'm sure my big fat iris buds will pop any day. Azaleas are full of color, spirea and grancy grey beard are showy as well as carolina jessamine and a few others. In a few weeks the ferns and hostas will be as big as they will get all season and the lenten roses will be gone. My beautiful Virginia Bluebell only lasted 3 or 4 days but I do love it when it is in bloom. My Amethyst Falls Wisteria should be gorgeous in no time. I'll try to get some good pictures when it dries out.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:20 PM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
We are officially a tad ahead of last year at this time but well behind the very warm year of 2012.

Lets see how we look 5/3 in 2 weeks to compare to last year.

How it looks today the normal would be about April 12th give or take. So about a week+ late this year. And only because we caught up fast by having a week of above normal temps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden