Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2023, 08:10 AM

401 posts, read 529,103 times

Advertisements

One of the infinite number I things I hate about the house I am trapped in is that behind the screen porch is a large area of dirt. It is always (I mean all day every day of the year) in the shade from a huge tree on the neighbor's property. This tree has pretty much ruined the rear of the house. I just spent the last 5 months on ladders trying to get the gutters a little cleaned out from the decaying mud from years of crap from this tree. Anyway...the worthless HOA which is happy to charge hundreds a month but does nothing in return except hire lawn people who blow debris and leaves onto this dirt area - is probably supposed to take care of this but I rather not interact with them. I need to figure out what cheap grass, sod, or preferably seeds I can get to grow back there so that it isn't just a big ugly area of dirt. I am in Florida (and hate it here) and this is just one of about 1000 things that needs to be done for me to get rid of this nightmare of a house.

Bonus points if you can tell me how to kill off the swarms of biting flies that attack me every time I step outside to try and do anything in this area of dirt. You have to be out of your mind to live in this miserable state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2023, 12:45 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Seem to recall some posters already suggested ways to avoid getting bitten by flies. If you're going to put the house on the market soon why pour $ into the dirt patch? Your realtor might have some quick/inexpensive ideas suited for your area. Decorative bark? If nothing grows there now you wouldn't need to keep weeding it, right? Are there other reasons the house might be difficult to sell?

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-09-2023 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden