Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

wow your ivy sound as hard to get rid of as our dollar weed down here in Fla. So the theroy is waiting to make sure you get it all.
those little buggers sound like they are a pain in the you know what. I am curious is this ivy considered an invasive up there ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 02:03 PM

208 posts, read 645,331 times
Thumbs down Oh yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
wow your ivy sound as hard to get rid of as our dollar weed down here in Fla. So the theroy is waiting to make sure you get it all.
those little buggers sound like they are a pain in the you know what. I am curious is this ivy considered an invasive up there ?
myfask,

Yes, here in Oregon it is. They stop selling it due to the harm it does. There is a morning glory vine, that was planted in the yard, previous owner and 12 plus years later still trying to get rid of.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 PM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
thanks for your help everyone..freedom i will visit the site thanks if its nice out this weekend i will start on the roundup.. it wont be for another year till i do some planting.i want some of the area to be grass and some to be a garden!!

Old 06-08-2007, 04:07 PM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
mine is english ivy that my father inlaw planted (who knows why) around 25 years ago. theones on the trees i just cut the vines around the base and i noticed all the ivy on the trees already starting to turn brown

Old 06-08-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan74 View Post
thanks for your help everyone..freedom i will visit the site thanks if its nice out this weekend i will start on the roundup.. it wont be for another year till i do some planting.i want some of the area to be grass and some to be a garden!!
newyorkjetsfan,

Your welcome,I hope the site will help. it will look so very nice when you are done. well worth the time and effort.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeedom View Post
myfask,

Yes, here in Oregon it is. They stop selling it due to the harm it does. There is a morning glory vine, that was planted in the yard, previous owner and 12 plus years later still trying to get rid of.
I have noticed I am pulling up babies from last years morning glory vine.
I had a really nice tapocia yucca but when I read it can have rizomes underground that can get 3' + that puppy came out of the ground .

Because I am a Master gardener and on the "florida friendly backyard" comittee I can not have any plants in my yard that are on the Florida IAFS evasive list.
I finally go the last of the "Mexican Petunia" out of my gardens.
Make for challenging gardening

karla

Old 06-08-2007, 10:29 PM

Unhappy Morning glory ....

Quote:
I have noticed I am pulling up babies from last years morning glory vine.
I had a really nice tapocia yucca but when I read it can have rizomes underground that can get 3' + that puppy came out of the ground .

Because I am a Master gardener and on the "florida friendly backyard" comittee I can not have any plants in my yard that are on the Florida IAFS evasive list.
I finally go the last of the "Mexican Petunia" out of my gardens.
Make for challenging gardening

karla
Well, you do not want the ivy then I have tried and tried to get rid of the morning glory, no luck. myfask the pictures you have on the other thread are really nice your a asset to the comittee for sure.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:46 AM

Thanks freedom.
I try to share the information the folks that live here especialy the ones on the lake.
One of the bigest challenges (other than weeds) is trying to keep a nice lawn with the drought we are in, we are under watering restrictions. We can only water 2 times a week. So by watering every 3 days you stay in the rules and get more even watering.
I just wish I had more backyard lol I have to keep reminding myself "leave grass for the dogs"

karla

Old 06-09-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks freedom.
I try to share the information the folks that live here especialy the ones on the lake.
One of the bigest challenges (other than weeds) is trying to keep a nice lawn with the drought we are in, we are under watering restrictions. We can only water 2 times a week. So by watering every 3 days you stay in the rules and get more even watering.
I just wish I had more backyard lol I have to keep reminding myself "leave grass for the dogs"

karla
myfask,

Yes, living in Ca. they were always pushing for restricted water use. One year we could not even water the lawns or wash the cars. Here in Oregon, rain rain rain rain.,,Makes it hard to get on the grass to mow. Having half an acre (very thankful for the riding lawn mower) Or it would take a full day to mow. guess what, I have some ivy that i have to take out yay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden