Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:10 PM

90 posts, read 411,143 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to move near March but my family is wanting to wait clear into spring due to the winter weather.

We will be flying us and our dog and two cats. All of the other stuff will be moved by a moving company.

Will the airlines accept animals during the cold weather in March?

Also, is there any other disadvantage to moving in the winter as opposed to the spring?

Another thing to consider is that we will be renting in Arizona. How hard will it to be to find a house in spring (May) as opposed to Feb-May?

Thanks,

Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 12:12 AM

563 posts, read 519,389 times
Prices are a little higher from May to after Labor Day....Peak Season.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 PM

90 posts, read 411,143 times
Thanks for the help, but what about moving animals during the winter months?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComposerRyan View Post
Thanks for the help, but what about moving animals during the winter months?
You won't find a reputable mover that will move animals. A lot of my customers either drive them in their car or board them on a plane.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:58 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,160,359 times
I would drive. I saw an undercover special on how animals are treated when flown in the cargo area. It was horrible. My mom just returned from Phoenix and there was a guy that had his dog on the plane. She said she did a double take after walking down the aisle. There was this dog sitting in a seat. I didn't realize you can have your animal fly with you. Of course you have to buy it a ticket. Not sure about 2 cats and a dog though.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I would drive. I saw an undercover special on how animals are treated when flown in the cargo area. It was horrible. My mom just returned from Phoenix and there was a guy that had his dog on the plane. She said she did a double take after walking down the aisle. There was this dog sitting in a seat. I didn't realize you can have your animal fly with you. Of course you have to buy it a ticket. Not sure about 2 cats and a dog though.
You would need a doctors note that it is a service animal.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
You would need a doctors note that it is a service animal.
It was a ****zu. Small dogs can travel in the cabin.

LOL....CD wont let me say the dog breed.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,970 times
I'm looking to move to Santa Claus, Indiana from Phoenix Arizona. I'm sick of the heat and all the crime in the big city. I love everything about Christmas time. I'm sure it would be a good fit but my husband is a big gun guy that likes to go hunting and target shooting. Not to sure if he will like it.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherismith589 View Post
I'm looking to move to Santa Claus, Indiana from Phoenix Arizona. I'm sick of the heat and all the crime in the big city. I love everything about Christmas time. I'm sure it would be a good fit but my husband is a big gun guy that likes to go hunting and target shooting. Not to sure if he will like it.
How much do you know about Indiana? Hoosiers love their guns.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,970 times
I know where most everything is. I know what kind of weather they have and what kind of things are in that city. I have even looked up the gun laws for my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues