Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times

Advertisements

I think the airlines won't take a pet in cargo during the winter months, only in a carry on, granted they're small enough for that. I checked on this a while ago. I think it's from Nov.-March, not exactly sure with the dates.
The rentals open up a lot in May in Arizona cuz the snowbirds start heading home--more vacancies then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM

737 posts, read 1,149,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherismith589 View Post
I'm looking to move to Santa Claus, Indiana from Phoenix Arizona. I'm sick of the heat and all the crime in the big city. I love everything about Christmas time. I'm sure it would be a good fit but my husband is a big gun guy that likes to go hunting and target shooting. Not to sure if he will like it.
All kinds of places in Maricopa County that do not have the crime and big city BS.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:52 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherismith589 View Post
I'm looking to move to Santa Claus, Indiana from Phoenix Arizona. I'm sick of the heat and all the crime in the big city. I love everything about Christmas time. I'm sure it would be a good fit but my husband is a big gun guy that likes to go hunting and target shooting. Not to sure if he will like it.
Well #1 i would ask this question in the Indiana forum. better responses there.
#2 Santa Clause is a nice little town with a huge emphasis on the holiday's. Also there is a gated community there i believe.
and Finally #3 your welcome to Indiana with open arms Hoosiers are very open minded and welcome good civilized people to our state.
Indiana is the shining star of the midwest and i think youll love it here lots of people have relocated to Indiana/Indianapolis and seem to enjoy it here very well.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 PM

383 posts, read 641,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComposerRyan View Post
Thanks for the help, but what about moving animals during the winter months?
Yes they fly dogs/cats during the winter months, though I'm not sure what the the temp has to be in the cargo area to ship live animals, again check with the carrier. The dangerous part of shipping a live animal is in the summer months. If the Tarmac get's above 78 degrees, I believe that's the temp, they won't ship them. It's best to call the airline that you'll be flying on. Every carrier has their own set of rules. A health certificate from your vet is a necessity. Have all shots up to date.

I've flown with my dogs a lot. The first thing I always do is find out if I'll be having connections. I'd prefer direct flights. My dogs have flown from HI to Southern CA. Alabama to CA and back to Alabama, and again Alabama and back to AZ. They were all fine. Knock on wood, never had a problem and the crew of the plane always informed me that my dogs were loaded and on the plane. We only flew American. My agility trainer just bought a new puppy from Connecticut, 8 weeks old, the breeder shipped the pup on Delta, by herself, with a connection to AZ. The puppy arrived fine, none worse for the wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues