Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:57 AM

273 posts, read 1,755,177 times

Advertisements

Will the whole thing be 5 ft high?

My cat can jump over that. I've seen him jump a barrier that was 7 ft high. It was remarkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 11:13 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
There are enclosures for cats, like KittyWalk. Some are meant to confine cats outdoors, but I don't see why they can't be used inside. There would be plenty of room for the litter box and food, although if they're skittish and afraid of people, not having a place to hide might freak them out.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:03 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,520 times
I am going to say that signs are probly the best solution along with micro chips b/c when a buyer goes into a room a good majority want to walk the intire room and try to place their belongins there. make sure that the realtor puts it on the mls as well so the buyers agent is aware before they get there and put the signs by all of the door that lead to the outside and garage. remember this is still the cats home and when you move you don't want any added stress on them. besides most people will abid by the signs and make them bright and cute.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:34 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Let us know how it goes!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
BNB

172 posts, read 692,020 times
We had the same issue when we sold our last home. (two indoor cats) Ours went under beds to hide most of the time, unless it was an open house. Our realtor said then that they would come out to greet her from time to time. They both wear collars with tags, and were not "dashers out the door" so we did not worry about it. It all worked out fine.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 PM

69 posts, read 208,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty3 View Post
Hi everybody! I have three cats that are the world to me. I am planning to sell my house and am interviewing real estate agents to list my house. I am worried that while my agent (or the buyers agent) is showing my house to potential buyers, someone (a child perhaps) will inadvertantly let out one of the cats. (they are INDOOR ONLY cats). I have no one to leave them with, I certainly cannot stick them in crates (I work 10 hour shifts), I really don't want to put them in a kennel, and if I lock them in a bathroom or something, then the buyers won't be able to see that room without them getting out!
Any ideas? Anyone have any good ideas on how to get around this?
Not sure if someone else posted something similar.. haven't read them all. If you have a garage.. You might put them in there. Usually there are two doors. Inside and out (like a screen door). If you have that then the potential buyer could look into the garage without having to open the door. (which would have a note in large letters about the kitties)
Best of luck with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues